What were some events in your childhood (age 12 and under) that had key influences on who you are or what your life is like? Mine would probably be the day my uncle got me a SNES for my birthday with Yoshi's Island when I was three or four, as well as the day in grade 1 when the new kid wanted to try my whoopie cushion. I told him not to blow it up too much, but he did anyway, put it on the chair, jumped up, and blew apart. I was PISSED. However, he's been my best friend now for 9 years, and will probably be one of the few friends from grade school I keep throughout my whole life.

EDIT: You'll notice there's nothing guitar related, cause I got my first guitar when I turned thirteen, the exact moment I was no longer in childhood.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Nov 23, 2008,
In all seriousness probably when I joined Boy Scouts, then got sexually assaulted within the first year. Made me a pretty pissed off person. Fuels great music in my opinion.
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
Quote by Rocknroller309
In all seriousness probably when I joined Boy Scouts, then got sexually assaulted within the first year. Made me a pretty pissed off person. Fuels great music in my opinion.

Well you've just killed my happy reflection of childhood memories.
moving back to england from france. if i hadn't moved back i probably wouldn't have picked up a guitar
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by Guitar Skater
virginity loss

You lost it at <12?!

My first computer.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
My first run-in with the police made me realize the world is a cruel, snowmanhating world.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by DirtyMakik
You lost it at <12?!

My first computer.

haha yeah i guess i was a late bloomer!
Born on October 28, 1900, my great-grandmother Sophia “Granny” Zobrist passed on in 2007 at the age of 107. I still have fond memories of her from when I was a little child and I had always held these memories with sacred importance and pleasant recollection, which is why I felt the heartache I did seeing her miserable in the hospital, suffering from a broken hip and her worsening short-term memory. If you had asked her what she had for breakfast that morning, she couldn't tell you; if you had asked her about the years of horse-drawn carriages, she could recite her memories like a poem. She could tell you how she had to pass up the opportunity of high school education to work to feed her large family. She could tell you about the Great Depression and the invention of the telephone as well as indoor plumbing. All of this she could recall and explain with liveliness. In the years I have lived, I have met many people and very few possess a personality as loving as hers.

Also in my years, I've seen a fair share of bleak days; days that feel like a silent, black-and-white movie, where everything is a gray copy of its former self. On the day of Granny's funeral, it was indeed one of those days.

The thankfully small amount of funerals I have attended were tragic ones. Five years ago, a friend of mine from elementary school passed away before reaching even her teenage years. Three years ago, a family friend, who was the father of a close friend of mine, passed away in his sleep in his early 40's. Having been to these, I went in to the funeral expecting sobbing and sympathetic embraces.

To my surprise, there was none. I saw not one tear shed from my grandmother, my grandfather, or from anyone in the room. The room did not have that heavy feeling of sadness in the air I had expected. Instead, it was more of solemn understanding and relief. At first, I was shocked, almost appalled. How, at the funeral of someone who touched so many people's lives in so many different ways, could there not be but one tear?

It perplexed me for the longest time and I sat in the waiting room thinking. Suddenly, I felt the same sense of understanding. I realized that throughout the years of being in a hospital, every time I visited she asked to go home to work – to clean, to do taxes, to do her laundry. She didn't want rest; she wanted accomplishment. She wanted to take the burdens of my grandmother and do them herself. She would work for her family until she could not work any more.

I also realized that she wasn't just a person I loved. She was a symbol of so many things, representing knowledge and wisdom and being the human embodiment of hard work and self-determination. After that funeral, I made a promise to myself in her honor: to work as hard as I can and to learn as much as I can with honesty and integrity. I promised to live to not only meet but exceed expectations of not only myself, but of Granny's and to live with self-respect until, God permitting, I see her once again.

/scholarshipessay
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Prob. when I got my first guitar and computer. All revolves around things mainly.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by Joshrocker48
Well you've just killed my happy reflection of childhood memories.

I'm sorry, but that is what first came to mind when I read the part "that had key influences on who you are or what your life is like?".
Quote by RocknRollRay
If you make a clone of yourself, then have sex with yourself,

Is it incest or masturbation?
Quote by wtf290
It's not incest, but it's not masturbation.
It'd be closer to incest than masturbation, but I don't think there's a word for it.
Quote by ScottElwood
Incesturbation?
What do you mean? Good moments, bad moments, or just ones that stick out?

Probably the time my siblings and I hurled copious amounts of cow manure at my grandpa's truck for no particular reason.

We got our asses kicked. Hard.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.

Pokemon hit
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
When Pokemon came out, age 7, and when my friend killed my liking of boybands in favor of Linkin Park (come on, that's acceptable), age 10
Quote by Pat_s1t
how has "First time I fapped" not come up yet?

idk bout you but the first time I fapped it wasn't one of the most pleasing experiances.
Quote by Pat_s1t

EDIT: You'll notice there's nothing guitar related, cause I got my first guitar when I turned thirteen, the exact moment I was no longer in childhood.

Wait, so thirteen isn't childhood any more?

I still feel like a child at 17.
Damn, I'm old
around 5 my dad bought me my first videogame.. atari 2600 rules.. that was it for me..
they are after me!

but i'm to far away

they are never gonna get me

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.