Hi children,

Whenever I work, I like to have music in the background, as we all do.

But it really needs to be intrumental, or I'll start to listen & concentrate on the lyrics
So yea, normally I stick on some Rodrigo y Gabriela

Kinda growing tired of it now
Any other good instrumental songs/bands?

Or what do you guys listen to when working?
What I just said is a lie.
I find it easy to listen to bands with singers when I'm working so I generally just put iTunes on shuffle, but recently I've been listening to underoath while working.

I have one intrumental by them, but it's really like, uuhhh ambient?

Ashes of the Wake is a cool instrumental song. (It might have one speaking part though, I can't remember.)
Quote by Beakwithteeth
The Ventures
Psychograss
Ozric Tentacles
The Meters
Chris Thile's All Who Wander Are Not Lost album
David Grisman
Tons of jazz

+1
and buckethead
Call me Jack
Chopin.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i think beastie boys instrumental album "the mix up" is a good album personally, some good tracks there to chill out to. Sounds real good through a decent sound system as well.

I like jazz and classical though, some Dave Brubeck or a bit of Ludwig Van can't go amiss
Quote by hownowbrowncow
Hi children,

Whenever I work, I like to have music in the background, as we all do.

But it really needs to be intrumental, or I'll start to listen & concentrate on the lyrics
So yea, normally I stick on some Rodrigo y Gabriela

Kinda growing tired of it now
Any other good instrumental songs/bands?

Or what do you guys listen to when working?

Sigur Rós, my friend. Can't concentrate on the lyrics if you don't understand 'em.
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
Last edited by fumb-duck at Nov 23, 2008,
Quote by fumb-duck
Sigur Rós, my friend. Cant concentrate on the lyrics if you dont understain 'em.

dude sigur rós just makes you want to go to sleep
Quote by sleazydan
dude sigur rós just makes you want to go to sleep

I listen to sigur ros and do homework all the time. It works quite well.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by fumb-duck
Sigur Rós, my friend. Cant concentrate on the lyrics if you dont understain 'em.

*Concurs*

I love listening to Sigur Rós when I have something important to read that needs my full attention.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
La Villa Strangiato - Rush, great song. Do you like Jazz? try some Thelonious Monk or Miles Davis or both (they have a double disc live album), Trio of Doom, maybe some John McLaughlin?
The meters are brilliant!
Very funky
The Ventures are pretty good too.
I couldn't get any david grisman though

Downloading the others now

Thanks for the input!
Listening to Reggae while walking is ****ing awesome.

Failing that, Spitting Out The Demons by Gorillaz... The baseline is so simple but still so incredibly awesome.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Listening to Reggae while walking is ****ing awesome.QUOTE]

Could you recommend me some please?

I don't know any!
Explosions in the sky and Mogwai are a good couple of bands to listen to.
I'm in your forum distracting your searches.
Quote by ZILTOID!
explosions in the sky
this will destroy you
godspeed you black emperor

+1

Also, God is an Astronaut.
Russian Circles. Whenever I have anything important to do I listen to them.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Try some classical. If not that, try Mint Royale, they have mostly instrumental.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
Quote by Kerowyn
I find it easy to listen to bands with singers when I'm working so I generally just put iTunes on shuffle, but recently I've been listening to underoath while working.

I have one intrumental by them, but it's really like, uuhhh ambient?

Ashes of the Wake is a cool instrumental song. (It might have one speaking part though, I can't remember.)

+1

Listen to The Act Of Depression. If you don't have the lyrics nearby, you won't know what Dallas is saying anyways.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by IDread
Listening to Reggae while walking is ****ing awesome.QUOTE]

Could you recommend me some please?

I don't know any!

Well there's Bob Marley quite obviously but that's not really good walking music.
Toots and the Maytals is quite good for some good walking reggae, in fact their reggae cover of Country Roads (Take Me Home) is probably the most perfect example of good walking reggae I can think of.
If you want to bring it more into the world of modern reggae then Richie Spice is pretty good.

Although if you want a large sample of different artists, download or buy a couple of compilation albums. The Biggest Reggae One Drop Anthems <insert year here> is probably a good starting point for more modern reggae and for the classic stuff something like Mastercuts: Reggae collection is good.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Freezer Burn
Try some classical. If not that, try Mint Royale, they have mostly instrumental.

Could you please suggest me some classical?
Have to agree with sleazydan. The Beastie Boys "Mix up" is a badass instrumental cd, listen to that quiet a bit during work.
Liquid Tension Experiment.

'Nuff said!
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!