so i can record songs as long as i dont go over the 8 hour limit
You can record 4 tracks at one time and fit up to 16 on one "Song file". You can "Bump" tracks to mix down if you need more space.

HOWEVER
I really dont think those units are worth teh price. Fostex does work but their preamps I found to be very noisy and disappointing. For $400 you could get yourself a firewire interface like the PreSonus FP10 at MF.com which lets you record up to 8 inputs at one time and record as many tracks as you want. Also space isnt as limited with a large desktop hard drive.

I highly suggest going for the PreSonus instead of the Fostex...
See my youtube page for the old gear review I did for a Fostex MR8 MKII.
Quote by moody07747
You can record 4 tracks at one time and fit up to 16 on one "Song file". You can "Bump" tracks to mix down if you need more space.

HOWEVER
I really dont think those units are worth teh price. Fostex does work but their preamps I found to be very noisy and disappointing. For $400 you could get yourself a firewire interface like the PreSonus FP10 at MF.com which lets you record up to 8 inputs at one time and record as many tracks as you want. Also space isnt as limited with a large desktop hard drive.

I highly suggest going for the PreSonus instead of the Fostex...
See my youtube page for the old gear review I did for a Fostex MR8 MKII.

i agree with the above.

i bought the that fostex before i knew much about computer recording. I use a pretty bad computer with an old cubase copy and fruity loops for most things. I just use the fostex to record maybe guitar and vocals and move the WAV file onto my computer for editing with cubase.

if i had my time again I would have spent the money on an interface and probably a RAM/CPU upgrade for the computer.

if you are gonna be recording at a drummers house for example though, then the Fostex is a good idea, saves you from hauling a computer to his house.....
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX