Picked up an Orange Tiny Terror to replace my MG, and I miss it. I miss the foot switch, the effects loop, the built in effects, the big "Marshall" script, all the knobs and the fact that it had a speaker in it, apparently I have to buy a cab for my Tiny Terror

Just kidding, I'm happier now. But I still don't think the MG deserves all the hate it gets
i loled
save the mudkipz
Quote by gir vs wild
i would rather have my balls covered in peanut butter and severed slowly with a rusty chainsaw then be siggd
this could be classed as spam
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
How is a post with a touch of sarcasm about my new amp "spam?" Everything is so freaking serious on this site, people can't take jokes. This is spam, but the constant BS threads about the stupidest things "Does holding my guitar this high make me look gay" "how can I make my strumming hand cooler?" are ok? If anything, I wouldnt be surprised id someone made this thread on here and was serious about it. Buying a head and wondering why there is no sound...
amps don't need pics. They are boxes that make tone, everyone knows what they look like. Only guitars deserve pics
I have no recording rig and I probably never will... I'm GASing for a new Tele and a few pedals.

Best $400 I ever spent though
Current ghetto rig. Deciding on a cab, so for the time being I disconnected the speaker in my bass amp, found some 14 gauge wire laying around and a 1/4in guitar jack, made a harness and plugged the Tiny Terror in:
When you said apparently I need to buy a cab I almost lost it

Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Vandals572
When you said apparently I need to buy a cab I almost lost it

+1

It was like... WTF

Nice one
Haha, nice one, but yeah, The MG takes way too much crap from people on the forums (half of which probably haven't even used one) I have a MG30 and I think it's pretty decent, yeah it's not the best amp ever, but it's still allright.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
Haha, nice one, but yeah, The MG takes way too much crap from people on the forums (half of which probably haven't even used one) I have a MG30 and I think it's pretty decent, yeah it's not the best amp ever, but it's still allright.

LOL and you have a group to bash it in your sig
nice, this is almost as good as that thread where a guy said he was trading his mark IV for a spider III, then he showed pictures of his spider III, that suspiciously had "5150" painted on it anyway, nice ghetto cab
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by eurotrashed
LOL and you have a group to bash it in your sig

The group isn't to bash it, it's just for those who got one thinking it was a real Marshall.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I'd hardly call a TT head a ghetto rig. I mean the rumble sure. Well I guess when you park a Bentley in a trailer park it does lose some appeal. Still it ain't ghetto, just out of place... (and being stripped that evening).

And if you can't laugh, what do you have left.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i vote "funny"
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
well the mg is what to expect of a solid state practice amp, and theres worse amps out there, i just think marshalls marketing is very ruthless, amateurs buy this amp thinking its the last amp they'll ever buy
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by gregs1020
I'd hardly call a TT head a ghetto rig. I mean the rumble sure. Well I guess when you park a Bentley in a trailer park it does lose some appeal. Still it ain't ghetto, just out of place... (and being stripped that evening).

And if you can't laugh, what do you have left.

The Fender Rumble is a nice little bass amp, 60 watts, 12" speaker and Fender knows what they are doing with bass amps, all for like $150.

But the way I am using it as a guitar cab, is very ghetto, you can't see my wiring coming out the bass port on the bottom of the front in the picture

Does Marshall even have a marketing campaign for the MG? I went to the store, played an AVT then an MG, realized they both sound about the same, bought an MG for $350 ($100 less than the AVT) and it lasted me 5 or 6 years. I never though it sounded bad, just didn't sound like a tube amp. I knew eventually when I had more money I would have a tube amp.
I guess what I was meaning about the rumble is compared to a TT it's a bit ghetto for use as a guitar amp. Then went on to say it was more out of place. Sorry if I offended you for saying you weren't ghetto!

The marketing campaign for the MG is hosted by Zach Wilde. Crushing overdrive etc. I had one too but didn't like the tone.
That's how every marketing campaign is though, you make the product look as good as possible so it will sell, what do you want it to be, "The Marshall MG, its a decent practice amp, it says Marshall on it, so be a n00b and buy one"
But it's really not a "Marshall", it's a "Park".
It may have been built in their factory, but the circuity and all was unique to the MG. I had mine apart a few times, even little Marshall logos inside of different components. So many korean and japanese guitars are made in the same factory. And if you even knew some of the re-branded stuff that you buy everyday...