Some of the prices i see are more exp without the electronics and without the cut away

what does a full body over vs a cutaway with electronics

does the full body get that much better tone?
Quote by boyd98
Some of the prices i see are more exp without the electronics and without the cut away

what does a full body over vs a cutaway with electronics

does the full body get that much better tone?

i'm gonna say that your only concern is going to be electronics or no electronics.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
that's kind of wrong.
I know somebody who got a 100 dollar cutaway electronic with stand and you'd think hey great deal. it wasn't, I've played it, it was nasty.
play everything-nothing can beat actually going somewhere and playing it all.
cutaways are known to not have as nice of a tone as a full body, and remember, there are different full body shapes, the typical one being the dreadnought. ask for different kinds and see if you notice a difference.
the advantage to cutaways is that you can access those high frets. most acoustic players don't feel any need for those and don't want to sacrifice tone, but that's up to you.
I'll debate that. I think that the cutaway's effects are quite minimal. What contributed to make that guitar crappy was the fact that a lot of the money in that $100 went to the electronics instead of the guitar.

This is why I think cutaways do not take much tone away from the guitar:
Take a full bodied acoustic guitar and strum the guitar. Now put your hand where the cutaway goes. If you'll notice, there isn't a large difference. The guitar doesn't vibrate much up there because 1. It's far away from the energy transfer point 2. The bracing at that part is quite stiff.

The only reason why a guitar with on board electronics and a cutaway wouldn't sound as good would be because of the electronics taking up money and therefore taking away money that could be used for the guitar's build quality.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.