just a quick christmas question. if all i use my cell phone for is basically just texting because i hardly ever talk on the phone unless i just need to get ahold of someone quickly, would a 2nd generation ipod touch or an iphone be better for me? the internet use is one of the big reasons i want one of them, but im wondering if the ipod touch having just having internet capabilities in wifi areas compared to the iphone being able to get internet basically anywhere would be cutting it. any opinions from people that have either would be greatly appreciated
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by szekelymihai
i phone

+1
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
personally, i think iphones aren't worth it unless you've just got a ****load of cash. the plans are really high. ipod touches are alright, but for a mp3 player, they're too expensive. even with the interface and wifi capability

eh. but if you're set, then iphone. definitely.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
well the thing is the ipod touch would be a lot cheaper for my parents and i wouldnt be having to pay $30 a month for the internet, im just wondering if the wifi only internet on the ipod touch is useful since you can only get it in areas with wifi

and if it helps at all, the storage isnt an issue, id only need an 8 gb
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by Datrooper
iPod Classic 120gb>anything else

+1

All you need.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
I'm still holding strong with the iPod classic, just think about it 8 to 16 gigs or 120 gigs for like 20 bucks more, I'll let you do the math
There is wifi in so many places. Mom+pop coffee houses usually have free wifi and even people around the neighborhood sometimes do. My college has wi-fi and if i dont have my laptop, i use a friends ipod to check what the homework is over the internet.
Just an opinion, but I always thought the iPhone/Touch was just for show. If you really want a shedload of music, that's not gonna fill your needs. Go classic.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Quote by craggis19
Just an opinion, but I always thought the iPhone/Touch was just for show. If you really want a shedload of music, that's not gonna fill your needs. Go classic.

well like i said, i dont have a need for more than an 8gb. i just think the wifi capabilities will be useful and plus i want something to pass the time at work and school in addition to the music part of it
Lunatics on pogo sticks
If you want music: iPod Classic
If you want to be envy of friends: either iPod Touch or iPhone
A phone that can play music: iPhone
A game/music/internet player: iPod Touch
It's up to you man
Oh yeah, and a Blackberry is supposed to be really good. Even better for texting and stuff and the interface for browsing is supposed to be good. I hate the ipod touch screen. so hard to type anything. And for an iphone, i donno if flash memory of what, 4gb is going to be good enough. I have a 30gb zune thats full.
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
well like i said, i dont have a need for more than an 8gb. i just think the wifi capabilities will be useful and plus i want something to pass the time at work and school in addition to the music part of it

Trust me once you get it you will automatically have a need for it, movies, music, games etc.
Quote by Datrooper
Trust me once you get it you will automatically have a need for it, movies, music, games etc.

well i could get the 16 if i want, i was just saying i dont need a 120gb classic or anything
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461

Ha, I thoguht I'd never fill up my 30 gig . Still, if you want it for Wifi, the classics ruled out. the guy a few posts above me summed it up pretty well...
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I phone plans are expensive. I had the same dilemma a little while ago and I'm going with 16gig ipod touch. The monthly charges for the iphone are just not worth it.
no ones really answered my question though so far, do you think that only having wifi will cut it for the internet?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by faint_spirit
personally, i think iphones aren't worth it unless you've just got a ****load of cash. the plans are really high. ipod touches are alright, but for a mp3 player, they're too expensive. even with the interface and wifi capability

eh. but if you're set, then iphone. definitely.

The plans are only expensive if you get a data plan.

It's useless. The data plans are the only way phone companies are making any money from the iPhone.
The wifi cutting it completely depends on how much you use your internet.
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

Quote by Datrooper
I'm still holding strong with the iPod classic, just think about it 8 to 16 gigs or 120 gigs for like 20 bucks more, I'll let you do the math

Quote by craggis19
+1

All you need.

Quote by Datrooper
iPod Classic 120gb>anything else

Brilliant, because this answer has everything to do with the question actually being asked.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
Brilliant, because this post has nothing to do with the question actually being asked.

Don't worry i fixed it for you
Itouch. If all you do is text, then here is an equation:

iTouch + Aim Account + Meebo = ghetto texting

There are probably sites out there that do texting in an indirect way. Google probably has it. Finally, the 2 year contract with AT&T is like a vice grip on your balls.
Quote by Datrooper
Don't worry i fixed it for you

i'm just throwing this one out there for ya, but i think he wasn't being all so serious....
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.