i have a fat strat and installed an alnico II pro in the bridge position but now the neck pickup doesn't have a good tone and im guessing its from installing that humbucker. how can i get the tone back in my neck pickup?
new pups??

im thinking of modding my strat after i get a dot...chuck in a high output hum and some new neck and bridge pups, oh and i'll be blacking everything out, maybe even change the config to SSS.

*cums*
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
new pups??

im thinking of modding my strat after i get a dot...chuck in a high output hum and some new neck and bridge pups, oh and i'll be blacking everything out, maybe even change the config to SSS.

*cums*

what the hell is a pup?
pup = pickup

Anyway, it alnicos 2 pros generally only sound good with the more expensive amps or so some say. But saying that, i dunno how you have wired it but really the bridge pickup shouldnt affect the neck pickup in the way you are talking about
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by SHRED.
i have a fat strat and installed an alnico II pro in the bridge position but now the neck pickup doesn't have a good tone and im guessing its from installing that humbucker. how can i get the tone back in my neck pickup?

you changed the bridge pickup and the neck sounds different?

i guess that could happen if you accidentally lowered the neck pickup or messed with a wire going to the neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by SHRED.
i think the pickup may be out of phase.

no, you can only get 2 pickups out of phase with each other and that would be in middle positions (2 pickups at a time- bridge/middle or middle/neck)

well you can have the alnico out of phase with itself but you say its the neck that sounds different.

do you think maybe it is only a perceived difference? maybe having been used to the warm mellow tone alnico II in the bridge, it has stolen the thunder of the neck which you used to use when you wanted that sound?

are the pickups at the same height as before you changed the bridge pup? in what way has the tone gone? describe what its like now and what its missing
the tone just sounds weak. maybe your right maybe the bridge stole its thunder
alnico 2 should have a hotter sharper output than your neck pickup. it's just the difference with humbuckers and single coils. it's tough to have such a low output humbucker as a convnetional single coil, or such a high output single coil as a conventional humbucker. i think it's just the same tone, but your ears are hearing a lot different tone from the bridge with alnico 2 humbuckers. it would probably sound dull compared to the bridge anyways. and depending on the model of your stratocaster, the pickups aren't very nice. some of the MIM pickups just die out too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by SHRED.
the tone just sounds weak. maybe your right maybe the bridge stole its thunder

my best guess. sometimes i use my wah fully down to add treble boost to solos and after playing like that a while everthing sounds so muffled when you turn it off.

after a while you will get used to the sound of your new pickup and find new uses for your neck pup, despite not sounding as thick and lush as the humbucker
raise the neck pup, lower the bridge pup to level them out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011