Trying to start an online guitar business...hoping you could give me some ideas...!

Hello there, thinks are tight financially at the moment, so I suggested to my dad we start a small online business using eBay etc to bring in a bit of extra money. I thought something such as plectrums or strings might be a good idea, but I am guessing we would have to buy a hell of a lot to make it worth our while (and where do you buy them from). But I am struggling for ideas, I mean I don't really have any skills such as a luther, or something. I do have a good stronghold in electronics, so maybe something along the lines of pedal, or maybe even something such as online customized tutorials. But you guys are my target market so tell me something you would like to buy, or a service which would be useful for me to offer, I really am open to suggestions!

Cheers guys, and no spam please
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by Varkunus
Trying to start an online guitar business...hoping you could give me some ideas...!

Do not ask the pit for ideas.

You could do unusual guitar mods such as LEDs as fret markers, EQ , and killswitch?
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
If your in the business for "Typical" merchandise, you will have to learn to well... merchandise. Buy low, sell high. But with a lot of the people selling the same things for also low costs, profit will be hard. If you sell "Custom" things you have a better profit for "One of a kind" sort of things. Like above poster said, led fret markers and stuff. Hell something unique is what would possibly sell, and thats with proper advertising.
some guys in town started to make their own effects pedals, an they're pretty damn sweet. they're called stigtronics.
You could do some electronics customization for people around town. ie new pick ups, killswitches, and the like.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
make guitars that get you layed in 5 minutes.

EDIT: make that 2

EDIT: install a countdowntimer

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Last edited by noxiosimitator at Nov 23, 2008,
I always think effects are cool. Especially when there painted or have a cool look about them. But dont forget they have to have a sound to back it up
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
hhm i have a good electronics knowledge as I said, if someone could give me simple stomp boxes, then tell me how to improve them slightly, I could do them and customize them
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus