im gona get a new guitar for christmas and i was wondering out of the TWO which one should i get. i like classic rock, hard rock, and old metal. what are the pros and cons of each? thanks!
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell
american!!11

fenderz rawk the house hell yeahz!!!

aint played a slash LP is this the gold top one??
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by skynyrd_69
im gona get a new guitar for christmas and i was wondering out of the TWO which one should i get. i like classic rock, hard rock, and old metal. what are the pros and cons of each? thanks!

a hss is your guitar a slash sig is slash's guitar
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
i would suggest the slash lp, but as i see u already have a "hard rock/metal" guitar(dean)
so get the strat. it will give more variety to your collection.
after all try them both iand see which one you like best...
MY GEAR:
Digitech RP250
Stagg Acoustic
Ibanez RGA32 (EMG 81/85)
amp doesn't matter :P
id like the gold but i dont think my guitar center has the gold top.
ive played the epi. slash and i really like the neck. i havn't played a american strat yet though.
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell
can some one list the differences and pros and cons. thanks!
Guitar:
Dean Razorback

Amp:
Peavey Valve King 112

Effects:
Boss Ds-1

Mxr Evh Flanger
Dime Crybaby From Hell
well i would but i cba, and they are, in all honesty, two very different guitars when you think about it, but i would have the strat tbh
I usually would not compare a Strat and an LP, they are just too different.

But AM Strat versus Epi LP? The Strat is easily better, no matter what kind of music you're playing, the Epi does not even come close. Better woods, better hardware, better craftsmanship and therefore better tone and playability.

Epi has been going downhill ever since they started building nearly everything in China. The new LPs don't compare to the older Korean ones. If you want something LP-ish, better look at Hagstroms.
With the LP, you may aswell just get a Standard and shove some Alnico II pickups in it, it'll sound pretty much exactly the same at a fraction of the cost. Not to mention it's chinese made, and what else is made in China? Yup, that's right, dildos. So technically, you'd be playing a giant, plastic dildo.

I kid!

But the Strat would be better, it's got better hardware, better paintjobs, better woods, better wiring, and just overall better. Play one, and see if you like it. Play some other guitars aswell, to see if you like them. The Strat can play all of them, but you might not like it, so yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I love a goldtop LP, but strat; American Fender > Epi signature. Plus unless you have an excellent amp to run through, the SD-AP II's sound awful. They sound brilliant for Slash because he's using a freaking Plexi head.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7