Im in the market for a fender strat. Ive gotten to play a Standard strat and a fender delux strat HSS.

I like the roller nut in the HSS, but dont like the humbucker, and any SSS Delux strat doesnt have a roller nut, at least that i can find.
How much value will this realistically add for a standard musician?

The main reason im going for a delux though is the locking tuners and the two point bridge, as im not a huge fan of the screwed down class strat trem.

Is the two point trem any better realistically than the classic trem? Also, is the two point difficult to tune ( as with floyd rose trems)?

Its a lot of money so i want to make the right decision and other peoples opinions will help me confirm my own thoughts/opinions.
Quote by schmintan
Im in the market for a fender strat. Ive gotten to play a Standard strat and a fender delux strat HSS.

I like the roller nut in the HSS, but dont like the humbucker, and any SSS Delux strat doesnt have a roller nut, at least that i can find.
How much value will this realistically add for a standard musician?

The main reason im going for a delux though is the locking tuners and the two point bridge, as im not a huge fan of the screwed down class strat trem.

Is the two point trem any better realistically than the classic trem? Also, is the two point difficult to tune ( as with floyd rose trems)?

Its a lot of money so i want to make the right decision and other peoples opinions will help me confirm my own thoughts/opinions.

why dont you like the humbucker?

humbuckers are the best
dont get me wrong, i do like humbuckers, i have an ibanez with two and my first epiphone has two also. but im buying a strat for that classic strat sound. and by playing a strat with a humbucker i can clearly hear the humbucker is just a little diferent than that strat sound im looking for.

all my heros play SSS strats, so its also the best way to try to emulate their sound.
Fender has been doing Single Coils for a long time. If I were going to get something with a Humbucker, I'd probably get another brand, Fenders are all about that Single Coil sound to me.

I have the deluxe SSS and the trem system stays in tune very well, even if I'm using it rather roughly. As for the two point and restringing and tuning it, it's pretty much a breeze unlike a FR which are more finicky.

(My Opinion)
Last edited by Dirty_Civilian at Nov 23, 2008,
so does that mean you just pop in strings and tune it up as with a fixed bridge? I have a floyd rose in my current guitar and its a pain. its blocked off at the mo but i still just want something simpler.
i have an hss deluxe strat and an sss mia strat. the trem feels much the same on both and its just as easy to tune and change strings on both.

i do like the roller nut and locking tuners on the deluxe, string changing is much faster as well.

i like the humbucker, mainly because i find the bridge single coil on the sss very harsh, the humbucker gives more depth.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix