I've seen alot of tabs over a long period of time and many authors use different symbols different ways. Not to discuss what is right or wrong or or where or examples. The problem I have run into is what the author of this tab is using the arch over the top of two notes to represent " a pull off" "a hammer on" or simply grouping of the the two notes. I have attached a pic of the tab and an audio clip please help me out. I have a WHOLE lot more of these tabs by this author and I need to get a firm grasp of how to read these tabs correctly before spending hours learning them the WRONG way. If possible, I will put up two examples of these tabs with arches above the notes. In one tab you can plainly see there are NO pull offs or hammer ons. In the other it seems there is a bend where there is not one notated and what seems to be a few hammer ons and pull offs. Please help me as I would like to start getting the hours behind the neck behind me.

Well it seems I cannot upload a sound clip soooooooo if someone knows a method to do this please tell me and I will upload the clip to go with this lick.

Please do tell me what this arch means??? Above 13-10 12-10
Attachments:
Benson tab.gif
Last edited by thetester at Nov 23, 2008,
the arch = pull off/ hammer on =]
:::Gear:::

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Aria Acoustic (idk what make)
Ok------------- LOL I am more confused!!! I first thought that these arches mean just that a hammer on or a pull off. BUT! I see this same notation is other tabs that has no pull offs or hammer ons. For example this is a eagles like tune or riff and I know there are NO pull offs or hammer ons.
Attachments:
eagles like tab.gif
Further more, how could there be a slide up and hammer on or pull at the same time.
This has me puzzled. To top it the lick book came with no explanation of the tab sylmbolization. Well maybe someone could give me more insight or understanding here.