Hey guys, I'm upgrading my Valveking 212 soon, and I'm looking at new amps.

I play alot of music. Mostly, I play metal, but I enjoy playing alot of Classic Rock and Blues too. I wouldnt really call it 'blues', more kinda rock blues, if you think Warren Haynes kinda style.

My band play alot of kinda Metalcore/Deathcore stuff for lack of better names:P
I really like All Shall Perish's guitar tone. I don't like the band much, but I think Killswitch Engage have a pretty b*tchin' tone too. It would be good if the amp could give me a more kinda 'heavy metal' tone too, for a kinda Maiden tone.

I know no amp is gonna give me all the tones I would like, but basically I need a decent amp, for mainly a wide span of metal, vesatility isnt essential but it'd be cool to have.

At the moment, Im undecided between a 5150/6505+, Marshall Jvm if I can save up enough:P , and the Burgera 6262.

Opinions on these amps, or other suggestions are appreciated.
Also, these Burgera and the 5150 are 120w heads... would that be overkill for bedroom practise? Obviously I'm gigging aswell but I'd be using it at home too.
upgrade to the Peavey Windsor head and cab. Killer tone and distortion. My friend uses that amp, and no effects and plays in a metalcore/hardcore band
Throw that rebranded behringer out of the mix and flip a coin maybe.
Both the peavey and the marshall are good amps. You should do a side by side to see which one you like best.
Lol Hmm..
I actually like alot of what I've heard of the Bugera 6262 on youtube.
No one anywhere near where I'm from stock them.
I can try a JVM, but it'd be upto chance whether or not the Guitar shop would have a 6505 around..
well the bugera is cheaper and its the same as the peavy but with good cleans
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
What exactly is wrong with the Bugera?
I'm not interested in the Windsor, I'm sure I've read it's a one channel amp, which is of no use to me.

Is 120w gonna be far too loud?
Quote by devit
well the bugera is cheaper and its the same as the peavy but with good cleans

Yeah that seems to be the theory... apparantly theyre really versatile.
The 6262 is a copy of the 5150/6505. So the tone will be just about the same, but just not as reliably because that's how most Bugeras are(IMO) And alot cheaper. They also have better cleans than the 6505 but then again you can always retube.

The 6505 is more aggressive and heavy than the JVM. But the JVM will give you a more "full" sound and is more versatile. But then again, this is my opinion, let's hear everyone else's.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
i have a 6505 and you would be upset about the lack of a good clean tone, mine doesnt sound bad but i have 300 dollars worth of effects to make it sound pretty good
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
definately go for the peavey 5150/6505 [+] or the Marshall JVM... either of those 3 will destroy anything
Marshall JCM 800 2203, with a nice boost/od pedal infront of it, you have every tone from heavy blued to brutal death metal
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
You reckon?
Well, keep in mind how much cheaper the Bugera is... Budget is an issue:P
Id have to save for a while longer to get a Peavey, or especially the Marshall.

I reckon either one of the 3 is gonna be an upgrade from the Valveking regardless.
I always run an Mxr 10 band eq, a Boss ge-7 and a Boss sd-1 atm, so I can shape tone from there, meaning I could probably get a similar tone to the 5150 through a jvm or vice versa, or close enough.
Atm, Im strongly leaning towards the Bugera, anyone had any first hand experience?
forget the bugera and choose between the marshall and peavey. bugera's aren't really as good as people say and they break easily (everytime i go to sam ash they say the amp is damaged WTF)
Quote by ironman1478
forget the bugera and choose between the marshall and peavey. bugera's aren't really as good as people say and they break easily (everytime i go to sam ash they say the amp is damaged WTF)

uh, you realize that amps get beat to **** at guitar stores right?

They may be crappy, idk, but just because one at the store is broken doesnt mean they suck.

I keep hearing great things about them.
I had two bad bugera's in a row. Maybe just my luck but their reliability isn't the absolute best. Mostly tube reliability.

I'd personally go for the 6505 from peavey.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sdmf.1919
You reckon?
Well, keep in mind how much cheaper the Bugera is... Budget is an issue:P
Id have to save for a while longer to get a Peavey, or especially the Marshall.

I reckon either one of the 3 is gonna be an upgrade from the Valveking regardless.
I always run an Mxr 10 band eq, a Boss ge-7 and a Boss sd-1 atm, so I can shape tone from there, meaning I could probably get a similar tone to the 5150 through a jvm or vice versa, or close enough.
Atm, Im strongly leaning towards the Bugera, anyone had any first hand experience?

Peavey 6505+

Bugera 6262

Quote by sesstreets
I had two bad bugera's in a row. Maybe just my luck but their reliability isn't the absolute best. Mostly tube reliability.

I'd personally go for the 6505 from peavey.

Yeah, alot of people say that the Bugeras always fluck out. You'd be better of getting a reliable amp and have none to little repairs done to it rather than constantly getting the Bugera fixed. Might cost more in the long run.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Quote by kaosfire
uh, you realize that amps get beat to **** at guitar stores right?

They may be crappy, idk, but just because one at the store is broken doesnt mean they suck.

I keep hearing great things about them.

that is true, but i still don't really like them
hey i have a 5150 and the other guitarist in my band has a valve king and the 5150 blows it out of the water completely!

theyre a little tough to find now though unless you go for the 6505

but bugeras are NOT equivalent to the 5150
they have almost a crate "scoop" metal tone that is really disgusting

as for marshalls

look in to the lower end JCM models. like 800 or 900

I just got a jcm 900 100watt dual reverb and it even has an edge on the peavey and with the reverb you can channel in some of that more classic metal tones as well as modern ones.
Quote by R.D
Marshall JCM 800 2203, with a nice boost/od pedal infront of it, you have every tone from heavy blued to brutal death metal

And to add to this, Marshall JCM900 if you're looking for something more modernly voiced.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
Throw that rebranded behringer out of the mix and flip a coin maybe.
Both the peavey and the marshall are good amps. You should do a side by side to see which one you like best.

Dude, you're without a doubt the biggest douche I've ever seen on these boards.

Honestly, do you take pride in being an ignorant asswipe or something?

I've seen Randall RG50TC's, B-52 AT112's, Peavey 5150's, Peavey Ultras all die in the past month on these boards.

I guess going by your degenerate logic, all of these amps are pieces of shit and die all the time right? Again, going by your astonishing logic that it's impossible for Behringer to make anything good, I guess Marshall and Line 6 make absolutely horrid amps since the MG's and Spiders are so bad, right? Those models must be good examples of their best products.

Lets take a break from your amazing opinion and see what I've seen others say about Bugera:

Quote by 6AM

I played a 333XL yesterday along side a Bogner Ecstasy 101b, Diezel VH4, and Orange Rockerverb 100. I played it expecting it to sound like ****... like a Peavey Triple XXX or something. Despite a microphonic preamp tube, the amp sounding phenomenal. In a blind test, I would have said its tone bettered that of the other three.

I'm shocked. I've owned multiple Bogners, Mesas, Bad Cats, a VHT Ultralead, a Diezel Herbert, and a huge list of others. I'm totally a tone snob. I've owned pedals that cost more than this amp. It sounds GOOD.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1969929&page=5

Quote by wongacaster

the clips ive heard of the 6262 vs 5150 i actually liked the 6262 better.

Also, when i played a 333xl at Allans music i was amazed.

I liked it so much i was actually going to put a deposit on it right there and have a two amp set-up.

A ENGL Powerball, ENGL Invader and a Mesa Trip Rec didnt do that for me.
IMO FAR too overpriced in Australia for what they put out.
None of the amps were worth buying for the price tag.
If the best part of each amp was in one amp i wouldn't have a problem with buying it.
But sadly none of the amps lived up to expectation and the hype.

The only amp that has lived up to and exceeded expectations was the Bugera 333xl.

Play the amp before dismissing it man.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006158

Quote by imgooley
I actually find the 333XL to be a decent amp. I liked it much better than the JSX combo I played.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16786941

Now, do you want to be a little bitch and keep ignoring what I've been saying to you, or actually man up and stop being an ignorant retard.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h

I've seen Randall RG50TC's, B-52 AT112's, Peavey 5150's, Peavey Ultras all die in the past month on these boards.

I guess going by your degenerate logic, all of these amps are pieces of shit and die all the time right? Again, going by your astonishing logic that it's impossible for Behringer to make anything good, I guess Marshall and Line 6 make absolutely horrid amps since the MG's and Spiders are so bad, right? Those models must be good examples of their best products.

Lets take a break from your amazing opinion and see what I've seen others say about Bugera:

Now, do you want to be a little bitch and keep ignoring what I've been saying to you, or actually man up and stop being an ignorant retard.

To the point and brutal, just like all advice should be.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by ironman1478
that is true, but i still don't really like them

thats fair

Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by mike.h

calm down sparky.... What set you off? The line about a re-branded Behringer, it's true. How about you buy one and play it first before going all ape s*** on people. Ok so you heard so clips on youtube, good for you. No one really doubts the sound quality, its the reliability.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by Billy Picken
Doesnt Behringer make Bugera amps?

Quote by _Sanitarium_
Wow, why didn't i see this before? This explains so much of why Bugera's suck so bad and also why people try and argue that they don't. (my amp was cheap and was all i could afford, therefore, it's the best amp in the world cause its mine!).

Just a sample of the stuff he's been posting. He's never tried the amp and is telling everyone it's crap. That's just immature and ignorant, no matter what amp you're talking about, ESPECIALLY when there are many people who enjoy them.

Quote by occub
Ok so you heard so clips on youtube, good for you. No one really doubts the sound quality, its the reliability.

Care to show me where I stated my own opinion on the amp in that post? I didn't, I just linked to people who have tried them and what they had to say. Read the post before making claims like that - I didn't say one thing in my own words about the amp.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h

Care to show me where I stated my own opinion on the amp in that post? I didn't, I just linked to people who have tried them and what they had to say. Read the post before making claims like that - I didn't say one thing in my own words about the amp.

you didnt have time.... you were too busy freaking out and for the record ive seen your posts in other threads. I could go and link the Bugera failures here but Im not. Just buy the damn amp and have fun playing it and accept the fact that people are going to bash it. Another note... I dont like the bad mouthing because its ruining my resale value, which is crap as well, on a basically brand new 6262 with new tubes that no one will touch. You remind me of the guy that made that post you linked (last one) about how AMAZING it was and how everyone were a bunch of idiots, we could all go f*** ourselfs because we didnt like them, and how it was better than a JCM 800/Fender/Dual Recto combined...... then went through two in a week, off the bandwagon. Moral of the story, buy one.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Someone in those other forums made a really good point by saying that if we decided to compare the ps3 and xbox360 (mostly the 360) the same way some people are comparing the amps breaking, that we would never play video games.

I'm sure there's some that are going to be broken, but they're being fixed, and I know a lot of people have had bad 360's...but mine has been perfect for a long long time, so a lot of problems may be shipping or user error of some sort. If you keep stuff well kept, usually they last.