Page 1 of 2
I really like heavy feeling guitars, SG's and strats feel like they are going to float away from me. Besides the obvious Les Paul, anything else out there?

Thanks.
make a guitar out of reaaaaally dense wood. you'll get good tone! =D also sharpen the edges, for beating off the screaming... (wo)men?
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
I picked up a vintage LP at Guitar Center and almost fell over from expecting it to weigh what LP's typically do. That thing was a friggin ton. So yeah, get a non chambered LP.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
+1 to the non-chambered/weight relieved Les Paul... I think you have to go all the way to the Custom Shop for something not chambered or weight relieved, though.

I played a Custom at GC and it weighed almost as much as me. Seriously, I'm a small guy.
My Agile AL-3100 weights 5kg. That's 11 lbs for ya...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I've heard of artists having their instruments chambered and putting lead into the chambers to give it a heavier feel. However, this was sorta before the guitar was completed and could probably present a problem to things already made ^.^
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by whiteraven119
+1 to the non-chambered/weight relieved Les Paul... I think you have to go all the way to the Custom Shop for something not chambered or weight relieved, though.

I played a Custom at GC and it weighed almost as much as me. Seriously, I'm a small guy.

Even if the custom shop doesn't weight relieve models, they still use light examples of wood. Most of them clock in at about eight or nine pounds. The only really heavy ones and the customs.

You want heavy? Get a '70s Les Paul Custom and invest in back pain medication.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
my schecters are as heavy as les pauls and then some.

try a C1 Blackjack ATX model (heavy, mahogany), or a Hellraiser Avenger (lighter, mahogany, with maple top). But they have great balance too, standing or sitting.
I don't know a lot about Schecter's, but I see a lot of UGers like them. What are they good for, what aren't they. Where are they made? If any one could answer those kind of things I'd be appreciative.
BC Rich's maple bodied guitars. I have an ST-III, and it weighs 15 pounds.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Dirty_Civilian
I don't know a lot about Schecter's, but I see a lot of UGers like them. What are they good for, what aren't they. Where are they made? If any one could answer those kind of things I'd be appreciative.

Schecters available to the public (ie not artist endorsement, which would make custom shop models available) are all made in South Korea, but don't let that put you off; they're made in the same factory that ESP/LTD guitars are so the quality's top notch. If you can nab one like the C-1 Plus, Class or Hellraiser that's got coil tapping/splitting capabilities, then it can do just about anything, especially if it's got some Seymour Duncans. I'm gunna throw a hot rodded set in my Hellraiser to warm up my sound, but still, my Hellraiser can do a lot of different genres.
Quote by ShameofaNation
A Fender Mustang

is not that heavy

try looking at telecasters, the weight varies so sometimes you can find one thats basically just a big block of wood.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
LTD viper 400
its mahogany and its heavier than my friend's LP
Quote by telecastermetal
enter sandman and avenged 7 folds is death metal you noob face.

LTD Viper-400.
Squier Affinity strat.
120w Behringer V-ampire.
Just look for an electric with a large body on it. Look at something like an Explorer, Dean ML, Iceman, etc. I personally love a heavy guitar, hence my Deans....
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
My Epiphone Explorer and Zakk Wylde Les Paul are both pretty heavy... find something mahogany and non-chambered as previously stated.
supriingly my epiphone dot is heavier than every guitar ive played besides a 70s lp standard
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
Aside from the obvious LP, Try an ESP, a Dean, or a Schecter. Godins are also pretty weighty.

Side note, my Sparrow weighs a freaking ton!
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
I'm a fan of Schecters... most of them are solid mahogany so they'll have plenty of weight to them. I'm also a fan of the ever popular Les Paul.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Quote by Dirty_Civilian

I just bought a Damien 7.

The EMG passives aren't very good but it still rocks.
ಠ_ಠ
if u ever want pussy again, don't tell ur wife to hang on to the guitar because you need more weight...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Early 90's Gibson Les Paul Studio. I think around 12 lbs, and it plays great too.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I was suprised to not find explorers until the 2nd page.

Some explorer's are heavier than lps, and are pretty huge. Try korina explorer.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Sorry guys, but my Hagstrom Select swede. First off, there is so much wood (solid mahogany, and no chambering) that a Les Paul Case won't even close on it, even if I could find one to fit the guitar in. I have to use a 3/4 acoustic bag, as that is the only thing I could find, and it barely fit in there. It's a real neck killer, my friend, who is 6-4 and 280, big gibson vintage guy, has problems with it after a while. We both agree this is more of a lap guitar.

To add to it, the SS has the Gresch style neck, so it's one big solid chunk of wood at the neck and the base. I've seen the the others listed here, nope, they are lighter.

Mines a big, fat, blue, bitch, but I love her. I have to use a bass guitar strap for her though. She even outweights my Jazzmaster bass clone, and that's saying a lot.
Main Gear
Hagstrom Select Swede- Fender C600 (modded of course) - Peavey PV8
Main Effects
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus
Quote by Mlrc
I've heard of artists having their instruments chambered and putting lead into the chambers to give it a heavier feel. However, this was sorta before the guitar was completed and could probably present a problem to things already made ^.^

what the?? chambered it, then put some lead on the chambers, that would make it heavy, why chamber if you will just put lead on it. shheeessshh..
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
Build your own with a giant brick.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
So I have a question. Why do you want a heavy guitar?

^^Pinoy ftw.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 2