i'm not sure what it's called, but the long thing near the bridge pins just fell out. i'm assuming it was being held in by the string tension. anyway, there are two indents in it, can anyone tell me what side they're supposed to be on? thanks
wat no u dont
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
what i'm asking is, does the side with the two indents go near with the e and a strings, or the high e and b strings?
First, it's called the "bridge saddle". Secondly, place it in the bridge flat side down and so that it's lower on the high E and B side than the low E side.
Since we're talking about Saddles......anyone know why they did a redesign a while back, with a staggered surface on it?
"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now"

Epiphone EJ200
Epiphone AJ500ME
Epiphone Hummingbird
Washburn J28SDL
Guild GAD25NAT
It's all about intonation. A straight saddle will not compensate any of the strings to give good intonation along the entire length of the neck. So some are "notched" for certain strings, usually the 2nd or B string, to bring that string into line intonation wise along the neck. Some guitar mfr's go with a combination of saddle compensating and nut placement/compensating to give the guitar an overall great intonation. It's all about how accurately the guitar is able to reproduce the notes of the western scale along the whole fretboard, and on a guitar with fixed items such as the saddle and nut, this is how to acheive it(in part anyhow).