Page 1 of 3
I am looking for a guitar that has at-least 22 frets, and a trem for under $200, that is pretty descent for a lead guitarist. I have been looking at an esp/ltd m-50 and an m-53. Got any other suggestions? *I have a squier strat, so don't suggest that*

*Also, I play rock & metal, mostly Metallica"
Last edited by 1201ZJ at Nov 23, 2008,
a wangcaster.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by rcmaster0072002
a guitar with strings more than likely?

NO SH*T???? C'MON PEOPLE!!!! BE SERIOUS!!!!!
Quote by EyeHatePunks
I wouldn't buy any guitar below 400$ cause you'll most likely get unplayable rubbish

Thank you for an honest answer, but I can not afford it
a good guitar for soloing.....

a guitar with strings more than likely would be my guess as well.
preferably wangcaster.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by dk2
Then save up for a better guitar instead of wasting 200 bucks.

I Just told the last guy that I CAN NOT AFFORD IT! Plase READ!
look used at a local guitar center/guitar shop for a decent brand with the specs you want. also, you can try it out then.
ok seriously though, a squire strat.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Then I would take some kind of job, even if it's just a paper route or s.t. because you'll NOT be happy with another ultra-low class guitar + christmas is coming up so make it job money + christmas + your 200$ and you can get a realy decent guitar
Quote by impeachpedro10
a good guitar for soloing.....

a guitar with strings more than likely would be my guess as well.
preferably wangcaster.

F*CK YOU!
Yeah dude, don't bother.
Good trems alone cost 150-200.
If you want a good metal guitar (some form of EMG pickups)
ANND a tremolo system, then pay atleast 300-400.
A Jackson Dinky?
Or you could try buying a cheaper guitar, and buying an EMG 81
for 100 dollars and installing it.
Quote by slash4114
ok seriously though, a squire strat.

Did you read? I have one already.
I dont know how much that will get you in the US but thats about £140 in the UK and your never gonna get anything worthwile for that.

Id save up for another couple of months until you get enough for a decent guitar
Buy used, unless your one of those "I only buy new" prisses. In which case $200 will get you a crap axe. If you can buy used though, give me some specs and I'll see what I come up with.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
ok people, Read this, I am just wanting a guitar that I can afford to solo with, under $200. I alreadt play Squier's and They are fine for me except they only have 21 frets, I need 22. that is mainly the issue. as for a trem, the standard trem as on a squier strat is fine also.
Quote by necrosis1193
Buy used, unless your one of those "I only buy new" prisses. In which case $200 will get you a crap axe. If you can buy used though, give me some specs and I'll see what I come up with.

I want to buy used, so I can get the best I can for the best price
Ok try not to freak out, but your going to have to SAVE to get anything thats not complete crap.

Or you could mod the crap out of your squier, which can result in a very good guitar.
Listen, you won't get anything better than a squire for 200 bucks. What I'm saying is unless you REALLY need a new guitar right now, save up for a decent guitar. You won't get the answer you want, because a good guitar for soloing with a trem won't be $200 or less.
an ibanez rg!
the chepa ones...
that might help u a bit?
the ones with the inf3 and inf4 pups are decent and not expensove
(maybe 250)
Quote by 1201ZJ
I want to buy used, so I can get the best I can for the best price

Alright then, give me some specs. Trem or stoptail, single coil or hums, how many fret, board' wood, stuff like that.

lol oh no one more fret a catastrophi!!!!!!

dude dont waste your money

but in all seriousness one with stringa and prefferably a wangcaster...
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Quote by necrosis1193
Alright then, give me some specs. Trem or stoptail, single coil or hums, how many fret, board' wood, stuff like that.

Read first post

22 frets
decent trem.
Quote by 1201ZJ
ok people, Read this, I am just wanting a guitar that I can afford to solo with, under $200. I alreadt play Squier's and They are fine for me except they only have 21 frets, I need 22. that is mainly the issue. as for a trem, the standard trem as on a squier strat is fine also.

....Why don't you just bend up on your 21st fret?
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Did you read? I have one already.

mate stop whining about it.

don't bother wasting your money on something that is barely better than your squier...what amp are you using?
yo.

I BELIEVE
ESP are a good starting point. My friend has an EX-50 LTD and it's a nice guitar. I can't comment too much on playability because I'm left handed so I can't play it without getting stabbed in the balls.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by bluesbreaker88
why exactly do you need that extra fret???

for a 22nd fret bend bend like in many of kirk Hammett's solos, which is mainly what I play.
You can't do a 1 and a half step bend?
Honestly this is just gonna be a waste of your money, but maybe get a used EDIT: ibanez rg120
you can bend the 21 fret an extra half step added to the kirk hammet two step bend and get the same note...
Quote by necrosis1193

mainly what I am worried about is 22 frets(AT LEAST) a standard trem is fine, and i prefer rosewood (maple is fine), and single or hum pickups are fine. Thanks for helping me.
Quote by kaosfire
Read first post

22 frets
decent trem.

Huh...I feel stupid now...

Really all I can think of then is a MIM strat, but that's 21, although I just bend up half a step.

Honestly man, unless for some strange reason you need it like tomorrow, your MUCH better off saving for a while and getting a $400 guitar (at least) than some POS 12456 piece guitar with **** pups.
Quote by 1201ZJ
NO SH*T???? C'MON PEOPLE!!!! BE SERIOUS!!!!!

we're allowed to say **** you know.

edit: nevermind, thought this was the pit
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by EyeHatePunks
you can bend the 21 fret an extra half step added to the kirk hammet two step bend and get the same note...

I have done that and broken strings many times (i use ernie ball) and I am tired of them breaking
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
mate stop whining about it.

don't bother wasting your money on something that is barely better than your squier...what amp are you using?

I am not worried about an amp yet, the one i have is fine, however, i have to save money for that two, cuz i want a spider, so its not easy
Page 1 of 3