Page 1 of 2
So, I wanted to burn a CD for my mom, to introduce her to metal music. From hearing it on the radio, she tolerates and occasionally likes some thrash metal songs. So, my question to you guys is this: what are some parent-friendly metal songs you can think of?

Right now, I have Enter Sandman, just because its such an introductory metal song.
Blind Guardian and Opeth
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Anal Cunt, Blasphemy, Sarcofago, Disgorge, Profanatica, Deicide, Conqueror, Revenge.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Anal Cunt, Blasphemy, Sarcofago, Disgorge, Profanatica, Deicide, Conqueror, Revenge.

This plus Meat Shits and Blue Cheer
*insert violent song name here*
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
At the Left Hand ov God- Behemoth
Bleed- Meshuggah
Spirit Crusher- Death
Sacrificial- Death
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
i cum blud lulz no sersly jus show dem slipknot cuz slipmot ar da mos brutl ban evr n coery has arelly butifool voce
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
I cum... semen. Also i'd go with some,, JFAC =].. WAIT! Disregard that. Sun o))).
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
... Could it be?

...Dare I say it?

I Cum Blood!

But seriously, put on some Testament, Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, Megadeth, and some Opeth.

If it's meant as an introductory CD, don't put on crazy shit like Anal cunt or Meshuggah.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Kamelot-Don't You Cry (try the french version too) Elizabeth (all three parts), On The Coldest Winter Night, The Haunting
Iced Earth-Watching Over Me, Blessed are you, Melancholy
Falconer-Northwind, Clarion Call
Opeth-Hope Leaves, To Bid You Farewell, In My Time of Need, Benighted
Agalloch-Not Unlike The Waves
Nevermore-The Heart Collector, Believe in Nothing, Insignificant, Sentient 6
Megadeth-A Tout le Monde, Trust
Ne Obliviscaris-Just get the Aurora Veil
Ikuinen Kaamos-Closure (might not be able to get this one though)
Tyr-Wings of Time, Ragnarok, The Ride to Hel

Eh, if you want more, or harsher stuff just ask, although you'll probably have to close this and use the rec thread, but whatever, I'm in a helping mood.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Quote by rush4life
What kind of metal? Are you intending to eventually expose her to like, death or black metal?

Sorry, I guess I should have specified this earlier. I doubt she will ever like death metal (death growls, lots of double bass drum, etc), I was thinking more like hard rock to thrash metal?
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Pantera- The Sleep, Cemetery Gates, Hollow.

Black Metal, she might like Abigor, or Ikuinen Kaamos.

Nothing really in specific though, just look around.
Quote by MetalMessiah665
i cum blud lulz no sersly jus show dem slipknot cuz slipmot ar da mos brutl ban evr n coery has arelly butifool voce

What in all that's holy does that even mean

Ladies and Gentlemen, the standard of the English Language has hit a new low
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
What in all that's holy does that even mean

Ladies and Gentlemen, the standard of the English Language has hit a new low

Translation:

I Cum Blood lulz. No seriously just show them Slipknot because Slipknot are the most brutal band ever and Corey has a really beautiful voice.

Wasnt really that hard...
Grim Bizkit.

Also Agalloch, but they aren't as good.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
On the radio? I've never heard metal on the radio except really late at night.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
yeah, this stopped being funny quite a while ago...

Blind Guardian pleases everyone, i'd say the "A Twist in the Myth" album would be more accessible for parents

Opeth's "Damnation" album is good, but not metal; she might appreciate some stuff off "Watershed" more
most anything by Agalloch, especially "Not Unlike the Waves"

Alcest- "Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde"
Wintersun- "Death and the Healing"
Candlemass- "Solitude"
Eluveitie- "Slania's Song"
just a bunch of random rec's off the top of my head
Quote by dminishedthingy
yeah, this stopped being funny quite a while ago...

Blind Guardian pleases everyone, i'd say the "A Twist in the Myth" album would be more accessible for parents
Opeth's "Damnation" album is good, but not metal; she might appreciate some stuff off "Watershed" more
most anything by Agalloch, especially "Not Unlike the Waves"

Alcest- "Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde"
Wintersun- "Death and the Healing"
Candlemass- "Solitude"
Eluveitie- "Slania's Song"
just a bunch of random rec's off the top of my head

This. Most casual music listeners will apreciate this alot easier than most of their other material.
most of my nonmetal friends still can't handle Hansi's rasps
ANATO is too epic for most of them, but ATITM's catchiness wins everyone over

i just got "Turn the Page" as my ringback tone, so everyone who calls me is forced to listen to BG; and with my little brothers spreading them around the playground, soon the whole world will be into BG...
That's so weird. My little brother is doing the same thing . I got I'm Alive for my ring tone

To contribute: Dream Theater, easily. Most American/Traditional Power Metal; Jag Pazner, Iron Savior, Anvil, etc.

I'd definitely stay away from the more epic or extreme stuff.
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Nov 23, 2008,
^go the fuck away

powerslave: yeah, i used to have Otherland, but the falsettos were too much for most people's phones to handle to i had to switch

i just got my other little brother in to BG and Hammerfall too, so now both of them (an 8 and 10 year old) are hopefully telling their friends

for more extreme stuff i'd suggest Venom- One Thousand Days in Sodom
probably worse production than most of the stuff she's used to, but its heavy and has an awesome funky bass line that she can probably appreciate
Quote by dminishedthingy
^go the fuck away

powerslave: yeah, i used to have Otherland, but the falsettos were too much for most people's phones to handle to i had to switch

i just got my other little brother in to BG and Hammerfall too, so now both of them (an 8 and 10 year old) are hopefully telling their friends

for more extreme stuff i'd suggest Venom- One Thousand Days in Sodom
probably worse production than most of the stuff she's used to, but its heavy and has an awesome funky bass line that she can probably appreciate

**** u
Page 1 of 2