I'm looking for an acoustic guitar around $300-$400. I like the acoustic sounds like Neil Young, John Butler Trio and Foo Fighter's Skin and Bones. I prefer the guitar to either have a cutaway but it doesn't really matter. The only catch is that the guitar must be left handed. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.
Alvarez RD20SL. It's great. Sounds great. Plays great. Solid Sitka Spruce top, excellent action out of the box. Upgrade the plastic saddle to bone and you've got yourself a sweet sounding axe for <$400US.

Oh, and forget about flipping a righty over to a lefty. You're right about the saddle being the wrong way. Not only that, but the nut would need to be changed as well. Then there's the issue of the pickguard being on the wrong side. Naaa. Save yourself a ton of hassle and just buy a pre-made lefty and enjoy it.
Last edited by LeftyDave at Nov 25, 2008,
Quote by darkrikku
buy a right handed guitar, and switch the strings round

easy

Easy if you don't mind your guitar sounding like a turd in a tin can.
I checked youtube and all i found were a bunch of sports clips. I will look into the Alvarez though, thanks.

Anybody have some input on the Taylor? I was impressed by some of the youtube videos. Some more guitars to choose from would be nice too.
Last edited by Squiggly Lines at Nov 25, 2008,
don't buy a lefty guitar

I'm a left-handed guitarist as well, and i STRONGLY recommend buying a right-handed guitar and flipping the strings
Quote by Another bassist
don't buy a lefty guitar

I'm a left-handed guitarist as well, and i STRONGLY recommend buying a right-handed guitar and flipping the strings

As Lefty Dave already said besides the pickguard being upside down and the nut being needed to be flipped, the saddle won't work.

I will look into the Alvarez but some more ideas would be cool.