This is simply me messing around with GP tabs already up here and morphing them to slightly metal works, and I wanted to know how the slight changes and additions sound.

I have the Final Fantasy 7 battle theme done, so I'll post that first. I'm working on the FF8 boss theme as we speak.

Forewarning: This thread is for the slightly nonmetal/rock sounding stuff the Nobuo's done for FF.
Attachments:
Battle Theme Redone For Rock_Metal.zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Lol, just started another game of FF.
Anyway, your rendition of the battle theme sounds good, very faithful to the original (in fact, I really don't even know where the decisive differences between this 'cover' and the original should be (but hey, it's been a while since I played VII) - sure, the drum patterns are different (no fan of the blasting), some sections of the synths are now played by lead guitars and vice versa, and the rhythm guitar got a little spiced up. It's sure better than a midi import, but how about trimming it down to the essentials, 2 guitar+1 key, so a band could play this)
Anyway, I'm more of a fan of acoustic guitar arrangements myself, it's versatile, selfcontained and can cover a wider range of FF work. Electric is unfortunately just for the rockin battle- and bossbattle-tune, oh and that weird outlier 'otherworld' from ffx. Anyway, good stuff you're doing, but don't be afraid to take creative liberties and trim the piece down to the essentials that make it work. Take a listen to the 'Black Mages' CD's
I know Black Mages' stuff .

Anyways, I really just wanted to try "metallizing" the battle themes and "epic" themes that Nobuo made.

I'm even thinking of doing a couple versions of Dennis Martin's work on "Legend of Dragoon".

Anyways, thanks for the comment. And, the blasts were there to create a bit more tension and it's a good thing I only used them twice .

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I say you redo it BR00TUHLZ next time (I would love you).

Anyway, very good job, I like how you changed the drums a lot. They are varied quite a bit now.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
I figured out some parts of song by ear that I found to be wrong, and some of it was taken from some of the tabs here on UG.

Quote by eggsandham2
I personally didn't like it.

The drums made it sound really sloppy and bad.
Some of the guitar sounded really sloppy aswell.

But I'll give you props for taking the time to tab it out man.