Other than just having it on camera how can I record my guitar to put it on the P.C. to use in things like Garage Band?
Use a mic plugged into your pc. Or get a converter for one of your cables and it plug it in your amp into your pc.
Get 1/4 inch to 3.5 mm adapter and plug the patch chord straight into the computer.

get a 1/4" to 3.5mm cable, hook it into the LINE IN on your computer, and line out on your amp, or headphone, whichever you have. Make sure the program is recording and have at it.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Would line in be the USB or is there a hole that says line in?
Quote by xToxicChopstick
Use a mic plugged into your pc. Or get a converter for one of your cables and it plug it in your amp into your pc.

yeh ive seen those at target og you can drop a couple hundred at gueetar center and get one of the really good ones that let you add affects and amps or you can just get one of those samsung mp3 players with a record button and record your **** like that
there is a hole with line in on it. it should be right beside microphone, that is where i have always seen them.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
So if my amp has a line out hole and I plug my guitar into the amp and a cable out of the line out hole into one of those little converter things up there and then into the line in on the computer would I be able to record the sound it would normally make on the amp.

That looks confusing. Heres a diagram thingy.

Guitar>Amp>PC would it work?
How about those portable recorders you were talking about. What are some decent portable recorders (not plugged into computers) that go anywhere in the 1 to 2 hundred dollar range?
Quote by Imme94
So if my amp has a line out hole and I plug my guitar into the amp and a cable out of the line out hole into one of those little converter things up there and then into the line in on the computer would I be able to record the sound it would normally make on the amp.

That looks confusing. Heres a diagram thingy.

Guitar>Amp>PC would it work?

correct.