Okay, my 50w Max 158 Peavy Bass amp is getting a little old, and it's not loud enough to even play over the drums, and I need a powerful amp to start gigging. And my budget is maybe $400-below. I've been looking at this one, and it looks pretty decent, I have yet to actually try it out, though. Any help on choosing a bass amp?

Behringer ULTRABASS BXL3000 300W 1x15
Nooo Behringer
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
ugh....no,not that one. At 150W or so, and with their horrible speakers, you still wouldn't get over the drums. In that price range Acoustic is your best bet, though there are some other good ones too.

Here's my suggestions:

Acoustic B200

Ashdown Electric Blue 115
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 23, 2008,
You could get a used Fender Rumble 250/15 for that.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
He could get quite a bit of used stuff for that...why would he want a rumble, of all things?
Nope, no sig here.
Acoustic B200. clear, precise, versatile tone. cheap price.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Mikey_Madness
And that Acoustic B200 is loud enough for gigs, right?

as long as your guitarists either have small amps or are considerate.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Well regardless of if it's loud enough, it's the loudest amp you can get with your budget unless you go used. (which is also a good route btw, check eBay and Craigslist)

It should be loud enough, especially with PA support. I gig with 225W with my volume knob on 4-5, though I have a very efficient cab...you may have to push yours a bit more.
Nope, no sig here.
All right, sweet, thanks you guys. I'll definetely get the Acoustic when I get the cash. And it will not be drowned out by the drums, right?
Quote by Mikey_Madness
All right, sweet, thanks you guys. I'll definetely get the Acoustic when I get the cash. And it will not be drowned out by the drums, right?

as long as you get the drummer to lighten up a little.

as long as he's not brutally pounding, you're good.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard