#1
I got a Digitech Metal Master pedal yesterday, plugged it in, played with settings and such for a while, and everything was working fine. Now I try to use it today, and it will not turn on.

My cables work, and I'm using an adapter that also works.

I have a feeling there's some extremely obvious thing I'm missing, but as I have little to no experience with pedals (I've been using my amp's distortion/effects for like 3 years), I'm lost....

Help?
Nerve threads decoding the stream of the reality-inverting revolution
The patterned untruth of non-dream:
The closed-eye
visual delusion.
#3
Are you using a power adapter or a 9 volt? because if your using a 9 volt battery it's probably dead already if you left it in the pedal overnight. Also if your using a power adapter and have a battery in it at the same time the battery will die out fairly quickly as well.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.



Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
#4
Is the volume knob turned up?



EDIT:
Quote by GuitarJunkie
Are you using a power adapter or a 9 volt? because if your using a 9 volt battery it's probably dead already if you left it in the pedal overnight. Also if your using a power adapter and have a battery in it at the same time the battery will die out fairly quickly as well.


Huh? That's why there's stereo jacks pedals, if you have both plugged in, the battery gets taken out of the circuit. The battery wouldn't drain.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

#5
I'm using an adapter and yes the volume is turned up
Nerve threads decoding the stream of the reality-inverting revolution
The patterned untruth of non-dream:
The closed-eye
visual delusion.
#6
^ Is there any sound coming out of the amp when you play?

If not, check the settings on the amp, and the volume knobs on the guitar.
If there is, somehow you're bypassing the pedal completely..

Oor.. try unplugging the adaptor, and grab yourself a 9V battery. If it still doesn't work, you're pretty much hosed. Something's wroing with your pedal.
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Last edited by Stratoblaster73 at Nov 23, 2008,
#7
Quote by Stratoblaster73
^ Is there any sound coming out of the amp when you play?

If not, check the settings on the amp, and the volume knobs on the guitar.
If there is, somehow you're bypassing the pedal completely..

Oor.. try unplugging the adaptor, and grab yourself a 9V battery. If it still doesn't work, you're pretty much hosed. Something's wroing with your pedal.


New 9 volt got it working again. wow. looks like my adapter's dead


Thanks everyone
Nerve threads decoding the stream of the reality-inverting revolution
The patterned untruth of non-dream:
The closed-eye
visual delusion.
#8
Quote by genocidedelight
New 9 volt got it working again. wow. looks like my adapter's dead


Thanks everyone



Take the batteries out when useing adaptors. Makes it easier to trouble-shoot.