so i was lookin at GC's website and i came across a vox valvetronix half stack.....wow i might go check that out, how does that thing compare to something like a peavey xxx or 5150? does it get good gain? how are the effects on it? how are the cleans?
You're talking a 1k budget and you're looking at a Valvetronix

There are tons of better amps for what you want to do in that pricerange.
Most halfstacks under 1 grand are horrible btw. Just for future refferendum.
If you're playing metal, the Vox isn't exactly what you're looking for....especially if you are looking at a 5150. Check my sig. Answer the blue questions
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i play like post hardcore metal core, stuff like that but with cleans in it

and yea im pretty much sold on bugera right now..juts assessing all the options...
my budget is 1000 my current gear is a really old (93) crate flexwave130 my styles i just listed my location is in rural northern indiana and not looking for any certain artists tone....im looking for my own tone
If you have 1K for this don't even think about an hybrid! With that budget you can go full valves.

I'm not a fan of hybrids and prefer a Peavey Valve King to any hybrid amp out there and that one is like half of your budget, then you can check for one of the ENGL 50W combos. At the end though is just a matter of taste, if try it and like it thatt's the way to go.
You willing to go used? You will get a MUCH better deal in the used market.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
dude i didnt even know it was a hybird..i thought it was all tube...anyway...engl is sweet....i really dig um but i need more power than 50w...
well i would like to go new as this is my 16th birthday present....but yea if its decent ill go used....
No, you don't need much more than 50w, especially tube. For 50 watts tube I doubt you'll turn the knobs past 3 most of the time.

Also, don't double post. Just edit the first one.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
dude im gonna start playing some bigger places soon......and honestly if i can afford the bigger amp id like to have the bigger amp ya know
Yea, I know. But have you played a tube amp? No offense, but if you haven't then you don't realize the sheer power of teh tubez.

I would start looking at used Mesas, 5150, 6505, Engls (they will be harder to find), Bugeras, B-52 does a decent Recto impression......there are more, but I can't think of any more right now for some reason.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
yea i have (had) a buge......it busted and were sending it back so im think about either getting it replaced or buying a diff amp....

yea ive played tube...
i have the vox amp you are talking about
for the price i believe it's one of the best out there
i mean if you want to spend 1k then yea there are better ones out there but the vox is pretty damn good for the price
like was previously stated, the gain could be better but the clean is epic!
ok, i kinda knew about vox;s clean channels...but yea if the company is willing to give us a refund instead of just repairing it then im gonna get the b52 AT half stack, what do you guys think of it?