So, over here in America, in 2009 it will become a law that all television must be DTV. I'm amazed that people are so addicted to TV that the government feels the need to do this. I don't wanna pay so my ****ing TV will have the exact same TV. No wonder the generalization is that Americans are a bunch of fat asses, it's cause we watch so much goddamn TV. Are people in other countries so dependent on TV as a fixture in their life?

https://www.amazines.com/February_2009_related.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-End-of-Analog-Television-in-America---February-17th-2009&id=1251240

EDIT: Yeah, I ****ed up my information, but this is a stupid concept and the 2nd article says 8 hours a day per household in America.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Last edited by OzarkMDaredevil at Nov 23, 2008,
They're not all going to be HD, it's just that they have to have a digital signal. If you get your cable through "rabbit ears" on the top of your TV, you're most likely ****ed. Most newer TVs will be fine though. I wouldn't call it an advancement in us being lazier since there's not a major difference in my mind.
I hate that hd crap.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Its not going to be all HD, its going all digital. It only affects you if you get TV through an antennae, all the change is happening at the stations.
Go you mean all tv has to be digital? They are currently making all tv signals digital in the UK
wrong. It will not be in HD. It will just be digital signals to free up the previously analog aairwaves for new radio stations and such.
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
Quote by americnidiot
If you get your cable through "rabbit ears" on the top of your TV, you're most likely ****ed.

Only if the antenna is actually built into the TV, otherwise one can just purchase a digital converter box. The government is also giving each household two $40-off vouchers to use towards the boxes.
Then don't get a converter and dont watch TV
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I really think this is some kind of conspiracy....
Super-serial list of equipment: guitar, amp, some picks, and a cable.

I know i can be an A55hole, however i try to mean well most of the time..
Quote by DeadDerykk88
I really think this is some kind of conspiracy....

Yeah i was thinking taht too

then I remembered that I hardly watch TV so im good
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
It's funny, because who really wants to bother upgrading their tv with all the crap that's on it now...