So I saw Metallica last night, and Rob busted out both a 3TS P-bass special with a black pickguard, and a black J-bass with what appeared to be a silver pickguard, I think both had rosewood necks. The P had a Tele-style headstock, but I didn't get too good of a look at the J as he stayed mostly on the other side of the stage with that one. Anyone knoe what they are? I assumed they were Fenders, but I thought endorsement deals ment you just had to play your sponsors' instruments...?

On another note, I thought it was pretty cool that a both P and a J bass made it into the lineup when he's got all those custom Zon and Fernandes basses laying around
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 23, 2008,
well, kirk has a deal with esp, but did he just play his skully and mummy guitar? no, he uses his LPs and his ibanez. same with rob. he proly used them for altered tunings while he kept the fernades basses out for the standard songs
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Last edited by Sakattack75 at Nov 23, 2008,
^ dude, he's asking about robert trujillo's BASSES. this has nothing to do with kirk
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickup
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass II Bridge & Custom Shop '69 Pickups
Fender P-Bass w/ Basslines 1/4lb. pickup
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
Quote by IncendiumMortem
^ dude, he's asking about robert trujillo's BASSES. this has nothing to do with kirk

i know, just making him think about it
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
why? its a waste of his time.

btw TS, when i saw Metallica, i don't remember seeing Robert pull out any Fender's at that show. I do know however that for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Black Sabbath, Robert pulled out a Fender P-Bass, but it had a white pickguard with a sticker on it.

Also, just because you're sponsored by a company doesn't mean you have to use their equipment for every song. As long as you advertise it by saying stuff like "oh i use Zon because of...." in interviews and such. Its usually in the contract agreement
Gear:
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
Quote by Sakattack75
well, kirk has a deal with esp, but did he just play his skully and mummy guitar? no, he uses his LPs and his ibanez. same with rob. he proly used them for altered tunings while he kept the fernades basses out for the standard songs

did you edit that because the first post wasn't that complete?
Gear:
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
he plays a warwick and stingrays
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
So no info on what they are? The P with the tele head was kinda weird...
Nope, no sig here.
Was it the same '51 P reissue that Bob Rock used in Some Kind of Monster?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Nope, it was a 3TS/Rosewood with the newer pickguard style and a J pup at the bridge. The thought of a '51 making it into Metallica is cool though, I didn't know that.

edit: like that, but a P/J with a Tele headstock (from what I could see)
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 24, 2008,
He uses so many bass's though it could be anything. Yamaha, musicman, zon, ferdanes(spelling) and others. I think it would a ressue fender though.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I think he has a sig deal with Yamaha too dosn't he?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
No, he just has some custom shop axes.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Mutant Corn
So I saw Metallica last night, and Rob busted out both a 3TS P-bass special with a black pickguard, and a black J-bass with what appeared to be a silver pickguard, I think both had rosewood necks. The P had a Tele-style headstock, but I didn't get too good of a look at the J as he stayed mostly on the other side of the stage with that one. Anyone knoe what they are? I assumed they were Fenders, but I thought endorsement deals ment you just had to play your sponsors' instruments...?

On another note, I thought it was pretty cool that a both P and a J bass made it into the lineup when he's got all those custom Zon and Fernandes basses laying around

He originally had an indorsement with Fernandes guitars www.fernandesguitars.com
for a bunch of years....he was using there Gravity Deluxe 5 string model
He has a Warwick Streamer 5 String in black too, used on the summer tour here in europe.

Thats as clear as i can find. Thats tuned B Eb Ab Db Gb.

(Invalid img)
Heres another Eb Bass. I think its a fernandez and itd Eb tuned.
I saw an interview on youtube. hes got something like 500+ bass's. Like comeone who is going to play that many.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul