for the best pink floyd sound

Neck: Custom Hand-Wound Fat '50s Strat®
Middle: Custom Wound Strat®
Bridge: Seymour Duncan® SSL-5
or

david gilmour DG-20 emg's

does the actual (metal part where string go in) bridge differentiate between mexican and american strats?
It's not all up to the pups... What amp/effects do you use?
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
at the moment im using an old fender 25a amp. and use 20 yr old mxr distortion and flanger. but i have a line 6 flextone xl waiting for me. but what do u recomend for the gilmour "the wall sound" seeing how i have a very tight budget.
It's all part of personal preference, I prefer EMGs for the output, but certain player will tell you that they like the 'feel' of regular pickups. I would recommend pickups with Alnico magnets as compared to ceramic for an older, warmer sound.
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
On Davids earlier stuff, he used stock strats. The wall era etc, he used EMGs due to noise, but since lighting etc is better these days he has begun to stock again.

And the bridge (I think you mean that) has a different spacing on MIMs to MIA. Both are poorish quality really, but decent
like gerbil said, gilmour only used EMGs because he had too much noise from the on stage effects. he favors stock stratocaster pickups (the good stock pickups).
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard