after reading the tube sticky it left me with some questions

what exactly are "nos" tubes and what makes them so special?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

New Old Stock, basically they were made to outstanding quality specs back in the day.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
new old stock tubes are tubes that were made years ago, back when tubes were made more often and sounded much more amazing than tubes being made now.

they are called "new" old stock because most of them have not been used yet. so in many cases you'd be getting a 20+ year old tube with low to no hours of use on it.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I was talking to my grandpa the other day. He said about 5 or 6 years ago he decided he'd clean out his basement. He found cases of old GE tubes. He trashed them, not knowing that they were worth anything. He looked on eBay the other day, and said someone should kick his ass.

regarding the question-the dude with the amish sign has it backwards. Unsigned has got it. Old tubes that have not be used are called new old stock.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
huh....i used to help part time at a hobby store....and my definition of new-old stock is what we used on the products.....

....thats odd. huh.

yeah, the term new old stock can be used to describe anything that fits the criteria of unused stock that has sat round for some time.
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Essentially, NOS means they were made back in the day, but have just recently been pulled out of an old drawer or box to be used for the first time since their production.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION