Okay, I was asking my mom about the pedal I wanted for christmas (this was talked about in this thread, I'm probably going with the XBS, and I'm getting it B-stock, to save her $20, unless I get the PD7), because she told me to think about what I wanted a few days ago, and she's saying that there's things you need before a pedal. I already have my bass, my amp, my tuner and my cable, until I can afford to upgrade, there isn't anything else I need except for a cheap mini-cable to go from the pedal to the amp, but she doesn't get that. Does anyone here know how to explain this to her?
Last edited by herby190 at Nov 23, 2008,
show her some cliff burton vids. say "if i get this, i'll be able to play like that"
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Sakattack75
show her some cliff burton vids. say "if you give me $8000 to spend on more equipment and give me 6 years to practice, i'll be able to play like that"
Fixed, but I like the idea anyways.
Quote by Sakattack75
show her some cliff burton vids. say "if i get this, i'll be able to play like that"

this.

for whom the bell tolls live solo in particular
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
Quote by pwrmax
Draw her a diagram of what goes into where.

...my health teacher did that once...
i use a my morley wah/distortion when i play bass... its so useful. it gets a good a driven sound... and wah

ill try and find one... i dont think they make them anymore... let me check.

EDIT: here it is... but this is a newer version... mine has red writting on it, and has morley written across the foot control.
http://www.interstatemusic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10051&langId=-1&productId=129174#

sounds brilliant though.
Gear:

Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
t.bone wireless system.
Last edited by tilinmyowngrave at Nov 23, 2008,
Quote by herby190

Label the male end of the patch chord and the female jack in the amp.
Quote by Sakattack75

i don't think she wants her son to play like an egotistical fame hungry asshole.
I just started bass, i have like a 20 watt amp and my vester bass, i also have a lead... what else do i need for a pedal
a little lost.....
Quote by herby190

damn, u beat me to it
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Quote by Davo Ownz
I just started bass, i have like a 20 watt amp and my vester bass, i also have a lead... what else do i need for a pedal

Just a cable to go from the pedal to the amp, and that can just be a cheap little half-foot one.
Quote by assparade69
i don't think she wants her son to play like an egotistical fame hungry asshole.

u must be a MegaDeth fan
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by pwrmax
Label the male end of the patch chord and the female jack in the amp.

I sigged you, I couldn't help it.
Quote by Davo Ownz

another lead
Gear:

Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
t.bone wireless system.
Quote by herby190
Fixed, but I like the idea anyways.

dude, just trying to help you out.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Quote by Sakattack75
dude, just trying to help you out.

I know, just pointing out that my amp sucks. And I'm using an Ibanez GSR190. Actually, I think she knows alot of Metallica because my brother always listened to them growing up...... you, sir, have just earned yourself an E-cookie.

Quote by herby190
I know, just pointing out that my amp sucks. And I'm using an Ibanez GSR190. Actually, I think she knows alot of Metallica because my brother always listened to them growing up...... you, sir, have just earned yourself an E-cookie.

thank you, my good man
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
Say that the pedals will add new scope to your playing and allow you to explore new tonal possibilities which you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

Or some crap like that.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
so, is the problem that your maw doesn't understand you need two leads to use a pedal, or that she thinks pedals are not worth the money ?
Quote by ChemicalFire
Say that the pedals will add new scope to your playing and allow you to explore new tonal possibilities which you wouldn't be able to otherwise.

Or some crap like that.

Yeah, I think she gets it now, because I told her it allowed me so many more options, and let me expand my playing, so I think I should be able to get it.
and tell her that the pedal costs less than a brand new video game
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Lol good work convincing her! I'm looking for a new pedal!
a little lost.....