K so ive been playing playing about 1.5 years and I want to upgrade bass I really like the ibanez basses but witch model should I get I love to slap pop and that stuff I love playing rhcp stuff and I want somthing that will last. I don't yet have a budget but Im 14 and don't have much money I kinda need help making a budget like what is a reasonable price for a second bass?
ibenez's are great but its kinda hard to slap with soap bars and most ibenez's over 200-300$ have em
and a price range would help alot in recommending a bass
Quote by smb
Further proof, if proof were needed, that Bill Gates planned 9/11 with Elvis.
Quote by the_baker
ibenez's are great but its kinda hard to slap with soap bars and most ibenez's over 200-300$ have em
and a price range would help alot in recommending a bass

soapbars are hard for slap?

then why does my Schecter thump and pop like no other?

hmmm...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
SR300 and up really -- my SR300 is great for slap...even has a knob that changes between SLAP > FINGERSTYLE
Ibanez ATK300 nuff said
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by sonsie
Ibanez ATK300 nuff said

Never played one, but if you're into RHCP and the like, this seems to be the Ibanez for you. Less emphasis on a short fast neck, more emphasis on powerful tone, plus wide string spacing so slapping will feel lovely. Only $500 (550 for the fiver) so it's not SUPER spendy, but maybe a little high idk.
If you like the typical Ibanez though, this is kind of the opposite.
My brother has a 4 & a 6 string BTB they sound like crap if you ask me, but I'm a Stringray man so go figure.
i have never liked the sound/feel of an ibanez

go for that fender jag... oh the possiblities =P
Quote by filthandfury
What if I accidentally wee in her?

When I arrive will God be waiting and pacing around his throne?
Will he feel a little Old Testament?
And will he celebrate with fire and brimstone
Yeah, I admit, I am afraid of the reckoning
The ATK bass is a real beast, I like it. I was at the local store one day, and there was a professional bassist there, and he got to showing me why the ATK was so special...the tonal options on those things are EPIC. It's like a whole new paradigm for bass, the tones it gets are very unique, you can switch between modern and vintage tones super easily, and you can duplicate a super deep low end thump like a stingray also.
If you like RHCP stuff, the ATK would probably be the way to go - it won't have quite the same slapping tone as an actual MM Stingray will, but it's probably the closest you can get without dishing out that much money. I've heard some really good things about those basses.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for an hour.
If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.
Ibanez ATK300. Do it.

If you love a fat neck, and want a wide range of tones, get it right now.

Sadly I after 3 months of owning one, I still haven't got to grips with getting all the different tones from it due to having to play unplugged all the time apart from the two times a week when my band practices and i get to use my behringer, joy.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
Ibanez ATK300. Do it.

If you love a fat neck, and want a wide range of tones, get it right now.

Sadly I after 3 months of owning one, I still haven't got to grips with getting all the different tones from it due to having to play unplugged all the time apart from the two times a week when my band practices and i get to use my behringer, joy.

What this man says! When I tried an ATK I nearly fell in love with it, the only step better (and under the silly budgets) in my mind is probably a MM Sub, but really that's down to preference and if you can find one for a good price!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
I agree with everyone who said you should look for an Ibanez ATK.
They're great basses
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Just out of curiosity can we have an idea of your budget and location (being country for currency purposes) as it will depend on the cost of the bass and some other things!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

get a edb\edg something like that anyway. For some reason i really like them. And there good for the slapping,
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
get a edb\edg something like that anyway. For some reason i really like them. And there good for the slapping,

Is that the one with the weird cutaway by the upper fret access?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Quote by froggyman
Soo...SR300==good guitar?

I am quite pleased with my sr300. I have the orange one. I love the color and the way it is shaped. It works great for me. Others may not like it, but who cares. I play it. not them.
I would also concur on the SR300. I like the SR series basses myself--nice quick necks and yes, you can get a solid slap sound of them.