http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YofpS0AN8s

Hey this is a song my band Knave's 13 wrote. It's a pretty complex song I think, lots of tempo changes and stuff. Sorry about putting our age in there, I know it's stupid, but I thought it would get more views, so no need to bash me on that, I already know it's stupid.

C4C

Check out our website if you like (it's down at the moment) www.knaves13.com.

Also, before you start saying we're spoiled, this was at a music studio, the equipment wasn't ours, except the guitars.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Damn that was awesome. You guys sure can play. The arrangement was tight and I appreciate the complexity of the composition. This is the kind of stuff I'd wanna listen to. This is a great track.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
This is very, very cool. You guys have a tight band and seem to know what you are doing. It is sounds like a rhythmically complex piece you got there with all the tempo changes but harmonically it sounds like most other prog rock I've heard, though that may be the sound you guys are going for. It reminded me of the 60s and 70s prog bands a lot, and though the whole keyboard synth thing isn't really my style, I did like this piece a lot. Great job!

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997058
Quote by TheNoManBand
This is very, very cool. You guys have a tight band and seem to know what you are doing. It is sounds like a rhythmically complex piece you got there with all the tempo changes but harmonically it sounds like most other prog rock I've heard, though that may be the sound you guys are going for. It reminded me of the 60s and 70s prog bands a lot, and though the whole keyboard synth thing isn't really my style, I did like this piece a lot. Great job!

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997058

I'm not actually that big a fan of this song. You should check out our other video Roam Free (on the youtube page) to see some more "unique" stuff.

I'll crit in a minute, just gotta finish something up.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
People have been saying that there is not enough change throughout the piece, that once they listen to the first 20 seconds they get the point. Would you agree with this?
Youtube has widescreen? WTF!!!

Okay anyway, I like the music so far. The intro is going on for quite a while, but that comes with the genre.

The second part at about 1 minute would benefit from some different style playing by your keyboardist and maybe a different beat from the drummer.

Feel change at 1:49 is pretty cool. Really cool progression! Damn, you guys are pretty good for 13 year olds, I wasn't even playing guitar until I was 16 haha.

The part around 3 minutes is cool, but very short. You guys seem to do a lot of the spacey slow chorded stuff. Try adding more leads to make the song flow better (you mentioned that some people feel like 20 seconds is enough to hear all of it).

The guitar solo is pretty good, where is the keyboard lead though? He pretty much held chords the whole song, that's gotta change.

It's a pretty cool song, you guys will be animals if you keep working at this from your age.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006264
Last edited by Gordita Supreme at Nov 25, 2008,
Quote by Gordita Supreme
Youtube has widescreen? WTF!!!

Okay anyway, I like the music so far. The intro is going on for quite a while, but that comes with the genre.

The second part at about 1 minute would benefit from some different style playing by your keyboardist and maybe a different beat from the drummer.

Feel change at 1:49 is pretty cool. Really cool progression! Damn, you guys are pretty good for 13 year olds, I wasn't even playing guitar until I was 16 haha.

The part around 3 minutes is cool, but very short. You guys seem to do a lot of the spacey slow chorded stuff. Try adding more leads to make the song flow better (you mentioned that some people feel like 20 seconds is enough to hear all of it).

The guitar solo is pretty good, where is the keyboard lead though? He pretty much held chords the whole song, that's gotta change.

It's a pretty cool song, you guys will be animals if you keep working at this from your age.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006264

Thanks! The thing is the keyboardist can't play any leads. If you hear, he was messing up on the chords.

Did you find it boring? That's a complaint we keep getting.

I'm gonna crit yours now.
That was pretty good. You guys have talents!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
That was pretty good. You guys have talents!

Thanks!