Does anyone have any recommendations regarding Les Pauls that are not Gibson or Epiphone? Price isnt really a big factor as long as its they arent crazy expensive. Thanks a lot.
agile in united states and vintage in the uk
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
if i did not type united i would be first reply

On-Topic: Hagstorm is kinda cool to
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
All of the above I guess, though never played the Agiles, but certainly seen the 10,000 threads from people that recommend them constantly. Maybe they get a discount if they mention them enough times?

I have a Hag, and it's great. The Vintage are sold up here, and seem pretty good. Michael Kelly and Dillion (Canada, not the US guitars) also look very good. My LP (I can't say Hag Swedes are LP type guitars really, they are exceptional rhythm guitars though) is actually a Ibanez clone from 1980. Some of those late 70's early 80's MIJ guitars are really, really good, a bit too good for Gibson as they started suing them. Mines about as good as a LP at that time, of course, mine will cost about 250, or about a 10th of what a Gibby late 70's will cost.
Main Gear
Hagstrom Select Swede- Fender C600 (modded of course) - Peavey PV8
Main Effects
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus
You're almost definitely looking at an LTD EC-1000 if you like metal. Any other style, I can't help you.
ESP-LTD EC's from the '400' range above if you want something metal-orientated.

For more traditional feel and tone, Agile is good for the USA, Vintage and Rally are good for the UK, and Tokai are good for everywhere. In fact if you can afford one, Tokai make truly fantastic LP copies and are generally better than Agile/Vintage/Rally. The only problem is that some Tokais are just as expensive as Epiphone/Gibson.

I'd stay away from the Michael Kelly Patriots though. Really not impressed with them myself.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I have a Sparrow RatRod http://www.sparrowguitars.com/ , which is an LP Style guitar, and I'm absolutely loving it. But not to be biased, Agiles are geat guitars. Hagstroms aren't bad either.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
I've heard good things about Agile.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by Petey D
I have a Sparrow RatRod http://www.sparrowguitars.com/ , which is an LP Style guitar, and I'm absolutely loving it. But not to be biased, Agiles are geat guitars. Hagstroms aren't bad either.

**** ya, sparrow guitars are amazing, hand built and custom from a great group of dudes from vancouver.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Burny, Tokai, Epiphone Elitist to name a few.

Most companies have a whole bunch of models that could accommodate your budget. Just search around a bit.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ESP eclipse
LTD Ec series

almost all of them have EMG pickups, some of them have SD pickups though
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Quote by Wookiedude
Does anyone have any recommendations regarding Les Pauls that are not Gibson or Epiphone? Price isnt really a big factor as long as its they arent crazy expensive. Thanks a lot.

The Epis below are for the local Japanese market:

I have to add my kudos for Agile guitars they make great LP copies and other guitars. I like the SX and Douglas line they carry. I have a Douglas and was really surprized at that guitar. I have gotten to play several lately and I have been happy with them. As far as Vintage line I never even saw one so that I can not comment on. OH! I like the Alden line of guitars. Mr Music near me carries the line and they make a nice LP copy as well.

I have played a lot of LP copies lately that have been popping up at local music stores and I have to say they are getting better and better. I just got a Jay Turser Serpent LP copy and I love it. A couple friend have played it and we all agree it's a great guitar for the money. Another guitar I played recently at Daddy's was an Xavier LP copy and I was very impressed and almost bought it but they had an Ibanez I wanted more even thought it didn't play as well as the LP copy. Now that guitars are made in China by the thousands the sub contracting companies that build for the brand name companies are using their designs and technology to make knockoffs for other no name companies. This is why we see a lot of actual counterfit guitars coming out of China that could almost pass for the real deal and do in a lot of cases.
Well, there's a few brands that could cream your stereotypical Gibson LP...

Agile- I've actually had the opportunity to play an Agile LP and a Gibson LP Standard side by side. I don't recall the model of the Agile, but it felt, sounded, and played so much better than the Gibson. Highly recommended and worth looking in to. Great price as well.

ESP/LTD Eclipse- Again, played side by side with an LP Standard, these are more metal oriented. Faster neck, feels a little lighter to me. In my opinion, these look and play better than Gibsons, but fit the whole metal thing a little better. This doesn't mean they can't do blues/classic rock. Depends on your pickups and amp, really. Highly recommended.

Tradition (in my sig)- I ended up buying one of these puppies. Apparently, they're relatively unheard of, but kick a Gibson's ass any day of the week. Only problem you might have is with the pickups. Swap them out for some Duncans and you're set. They've got a sharper, deeper cutaway for better fret access, the necks are a dream, sounds amazing, and cheap to boot. Their standard model, the S-20, is on about the same level as the Gibson standard model unmodded. Slap some Duncans in it and you've got a beast for half the price. The S-2000 has a slightly better build, and looks SHARP. If you want, look into these. It's worth it.

Then of course there's the Epi Elitist. Those things are just awesome. I've heard of Greco LPs, but can't vouch for them as I haven't played one.

Hope you find what you're looking for.