Alright, so here's the deal, I've been considering getting a new guitar(I'd rather not post my current to avoid getting laughed out of the forum) for somewhere under $1000. I'm looking for something that has fret markers, 25.5" scale with 24 frets, and has no tremolo. I play a lot of metal (Slipknot, Metallica, Necrophagist, Killswitch Engage, Megadeth, and the like), care to give me any suggestions?

I suppose looking cool is a plus, but I'm more geared on one that I won't have to modify much to get a decent metal sound. Thanks in advance and sorry for asking such a generic question.
just bought a jackson slsmg, think it would meet your needs
My Gear:
Dean Dixie Rebel
Esp-Ltd Viper-400
Ibanez Ael-20e
Mesa/Boogie F-50
Never looked at Schecter before, it looks great. I'm more leaning to neck-through construction but bolt hasn't really failed me yet. Looks are only an addon, it's not like the looks are playing the guitar.

Quote by eds1275

Joke Answer:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Daisy-Rock-Debutante-Butterfly-Short-Scale-Electric-Guitar-481901-i1415163.gc

You pick one. Looking cool isn't an issue with either of them

That's actually really ****ing cool.

Edit: oh, keep forgetting about the swear filter. I had been thinking about an slsmg but hadn't heard any opinions on it. Thanks.
This:
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by eds1275

I've always wanted a Daisy Rock!!`1

Seriously, I'd highly recommend against that Schecter Damien if your budget is closer to $1,000. The H4s are nice pickups, but for a little more money you can tap into active pickup power. If you really don't mind sticking with passives, Schecter does make sweet guitars for their price range. $800 with Schecter will take you miles further than any other guitar of comparable quality.

Schecter C-1 Classic

I have personally played this guitar on quite a few occasions and it is outstanding. It also comes with some of the best passive pickups you can get. No modifications necessary.

- Zyprox
go with a schecter, as most have said. Probably a c-1 hellraiser if you want my opinion. if you dont like schecters, you can always go with ESP LTD or jackson.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
You wont go wrong with Schecter, And i also like ESP LTD. I find both companies offer a whole lot of good quality for the buck. And both companies make almost every guitar with the option of trem or no trem. More so with Schecter, but ESP LTD makes alot of really good metal guitars that have active emg's and no trem. give them a look.
IMO i have found that any LTD guitar under 700 bucks is pretty lame... just saying. i have experience with them and i wasnt to impressed. now for the deluxe LTD's those rock. Schecter for the money, are absolutly hands down best bang for your buck IMO... i have the 006 hellraiser and it plays amazing and has the EMG's which sound great for metal. Might wanna check out the new ATX with active duncans as well. thats what im getting next. Schecter or LTD FTW! (never played jackson but i want to.) ............(whispers Schecter)
Quote by TK1
This:

What the HELL is that? Looks like a bunch of Aztecs got stuck in a cave with a dead whale, cut it's stomach open, dug out what was in it and tried to build an electric guitar.
why would you buy a stealth when you could have the whale gut astec boat guitar
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
I have a schecter C-1 Hellraiser, As well as a ESP LTD viper 200-FM. I have changed the pups in my LTD. But i actually prefer that little guitar over my schecter. Actually i love them both. Anyone one wanna buy my Epiphone les paul standard? LOL
anything bc rich... bcrich.com seriously
btw is that a bicycle sprocket on the headstock?
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by thedekker
anything bc rich... bcrich.com seriously
btw is that a bicycle sprocket on the headstock?

BC Rich likes to throw trems on their decent models. Pointy guitars may look cool, but I'm debating on whether or not I feel like getting stabbed by it when I sit.
I recommend ibanez, they make pretty affordable, versatile guitars
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor