Ok, I'm mad. My Takamine G320, which I love dearly, has developed a buzz at the low E string and the G string.

My assumption is it is either a string problem or a bridge problem, but I am more than likely wrong.

Help? Please?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention the buzzing isn't happening at the frets. It's happening AT. THE. BRIDGE. That is why I'm so dumbfounded.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Weird...my guitar isn't even a year old yet...how can I tell if there's something wrong with it? Just by looking when I restring it? (needs to be done sometime in the near future. D'addiro Phosphor Bronze strings sound great, just not for very long)
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Oh wow, thanks! I think the saddle is probably worn flat under the E. I should probably get a better one, as well as new bridge pins. They're both just crappy plastic. What should I be looking for?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Bone bridge pins are said to enhance the tone slightly. Some swear there's no improvement. You(or a listener) would have to judge that for yourself. As for the saddle, I would most certainly go with bone here. It's a vast improvement over plastic(sadly, it's the material of choice on the majority of new guitars these days, you have to move up to the more expensive ones to get bone as factory). When I replaced the saddle on my Alvarez, it was as though someone had lifted a blanket off of the sound of my guitar. MAJOR difference. Everything became more enhanced,clearer and louder. There's truely no substitute as far as I'm concerned. If you go back to that Frets.com site you'll find an area that's dedicated to walking you through the job of making your own bone saddle from a blank. Excellent information to be had there. And it's not so difficult if you have some basic tool skills.
Thanks again. Unfortunately, to say in Pit speak "I DoEs NOt HAz tEH SkILLzzz!!!!eleven!!!!11"

How much would it cost to buy a few blanks for when I mess up the first one?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
<$10.00 US each. Those will be the basic cow bone blanks, but they work just as well as other more expensive ones.