On Wednesday, my band is going to be attempting to record a few of our songs. I've got all the necessary equipment except for drum mics. In the past, I've recorded drums with two vocal mics. The recordings came out decent for only using those, but this time, I want them to be better.

Can anybody recommend me a relatively cheap but decent set of drum mics? I don't want them to be too expensive, because I doubt I'll use them much.

Thanks a lot.
Quote by guitarmaniac17
On Wednesday, my band is going to be attempting to record a few of our songs. I've got all the necessary equipment except for drum mics. In the past, I've recorded drums with two vocal mics. The recordings came out decent for only using those, but this time, I want them to be better.

Can anybody recommend me a relatively cheap but decent set of drum mics? I don't want them to be too expensive, because I doubt I'll use them much.

Thanks a lot.

Well, my friend's studio (where my band recorded, so you can have a look at the quality of the mics from there if you wish) uses are Samson ones, they're relatively cheap, and they come in 5 or 7 packs with clips from memory.

http://www.allansmusic.com.au/Product.aspx?p=97644&b=Samson

but thats in AU anyways.
Even the cheapest usable mic kits are going to set you back at least $200-$300. If you're hardly ever going to use them or whatever, maybe look into booking yourself into someone's home studio/project studio and record them there. Bring your files back to your place, and add everything else yourself. You'll get better results, almost guaranteed, and it will be cheaper, probably.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.