Wow some of his playing makes me cringe... rape of the ears... It's just masterful EQing.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
^just do a lot of tweaking and see what you come up with.

btw, how do you like the C-1 Classic? I'm thinking of getting one and would like an opinion.
All I can say is he has quite a bit of gain, a fair amount of bass and scooped mids (or at least to me they're scooped...)
Quote by sargasm
ok I got that sound some what by raising the lows cutting the mids and raising the highs.

with about half gain.

I love it and for jazz pickups it can really Do some dark Metal, and on the clean channel on an amp that is known for horrible Cleans I can get a very smooth clean.

I also love the look of the guitar it plays extremely smooth the neck is a bit thick but Im used to thicker.
Just remember in a live situation (I'd hope you play live with a 5150 stack..) cutting back on the bass a tad and raising mids is necessary...
Quote by sargasm
If by live you mean for my friends in my yard and the once in a while local band concert deal then yes live.
but 90% of the year its just in my room no worrys though I live on 20 acres and have no body near me for miles, though when I kick it to full volume, sometimes my neighbours come over and complain.

though with how close I sit next to it Im losing my hearing... lol