It's an Ibanez RGT42, with stock infinity pickups, an edge pro locking bridge, and it's deep red. I've seen it go from anywhere to 629.99-769.99. It's a discontinued model as well, and I'd like to know...

Do infinity pickups suit metal? I play thrash, death metal, and metalcore and I don't have the money for new pickups right now.

Because it's a discontinued model, will it go up and value? Also, would I be able to ship it out and have it repaired or no, if it's broke?

It has a few chips in the wood, nothing big, but they irk me (however, i'm only paying 200 bucks for it) would this be able to be repaired?

that's about it, and anything anybody could tell me about it would be great :]

while i'm here, i've got another question...

my neck bowed apparently on my other ibanez, i took it to guitar center and the guy told me it was irrepairable, but i can get it to play just fine if it's in drop c (higher tunings and the low e string buzzes) how do i go about repairing this, and how much (roughly) would it run and could it be possibly it truly will never work properly again?
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
What kind of Infinitys are they? 1 and 2 or 3 and 4? 3 and 4 are very well suited, i'n not really sure about 1 and 2 though...

It depends on it's features. And that's really almost all I can say. The better the features, the better the later price, that is if you sell it like 30 years later.

As far as I know, the most you could repair wood is to paint over it.
Great choice in guitar

I use an Ibanez RG350DX that has infinity pickups on it.

these pickups are amazing, just the thing for metal, especially metalcore to death.
as a bonus, the neck pick up is probably one of the best pickups ever for soloing

My infinities are neck Infinity 3, mid infinity vs3, and bridge infinity 4 pickups

The chips, if its paint then just get a new paint job done to it and that'd cost you around 100-200 bucks

If the chips go into the wood, then use wood putty or filler then get the paint job done.

I'd know cause I tend to ding up and dent my guitars at practice and shows but they still look brand new, and even have a few a made myself

The neck on your other ibanez, sorry but I cant help you there

I hope what I told you helps

great choice on the guitar!!!
its in the wood, but theyre just really small, and it helped a lot but i'd love to know what i can do about my neck, the pickups are infi1 and infi2

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Ibanez/RGT42FM/10/2 is the guitar btw
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Quote by ReinventingEvil
Because it's a discontinued model, will it go up and value?

If there's any demand for it, yes. Rare or discontinued models aren't necessarily that valuable. Original Les Paul Customs are worth less than Bursts, despite being rarer. There are plenty of decent discontinued models that are worth very little.

Also, would I be able to ship it out and have it repaired or no, if it's broke?

If no new parts are needed, sure. You can even get new parts custom made... if you have money just lying around.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.