...Could he Imagine that he was going to be assasinated? I was just watching the Beatles videos on youtube and that hit me. I was watching the old yellow submarine video when he was really young. And he seemed so happy, like usual. And then to later be shot?!? All he wanted was peace. He didn't deserve to have his life shortened like that.
No, he knew he was gonna get shot, but he decided to be there anyways.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
John Lennon is dead?

I know, I had to wiki it.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
in other old news- julias ceasar: sucks to be him, amirite?
I have no opinion on this matter.
I would never use the word happy to describe John Lennon.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by CoreysMonster
how about "giggity"?

dehydrated, as a result, he was always hallucinating, so he wrote crazy songs.
grok it.

SKREAM!

I think he was so paranoid from all the drugs he took that he assumed it would happen. He thought it would be the C.I.A. because of all the protesting and "anti-American" stuff he did.

It was just an estranged Beatles fan.

The irony.
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
John Lennon is dead?

Wow, don't show Yoko this thread, she'll probably go off the deep end.

"Noooooo, John's just at the stoooooooooooooore, nooooOOOOoOOOooooo."
I don't think we have to worry about Yoko seeing the thread for some odd reason.
Quote by DardoBoy
I don't think we have to worry about Yoko seeing the thread for some odd reason.

Yeah, everyone knows women can't read
grok it.

SKREAM!

In an interview when asked how he thought he would die he said "Eh, some loony'll probably pick me off" or something of that sort. Amazing that he was right...
1. I think there is quote from him somewhere where someone asked him how he thought he was going to die to which he replied that he'd probably get shot by some lunatic. Something like that.

2. I believe the world might be a far different place if he were still alive.

EDIT: ^lol, you beat me to it
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
There's a good doc about the guy who killed him and why and how he told his gf "I'm going to kill John Lennon" and she didnt even do anything.

The vatican just issued a formal forgiveness to John for the "more popular than jesus" comment...pffff

American's are nuts man, John Lennon, JFK, MLK, anyone who speaks out for peace gets knocked off, I don't think they're ready yet. (George Carlin esque)
Quote by Bucketheadroolz
...Could he Imagine that he was going to be assasinated? I was just watching the Beatles videos on youtube and that hit me. I was watching the old yellow submarine video when he was really young. And he seemed so happy, like usual. And then to later be shot?!? All he wanted was peace. He didn't deserve to have his life shortened like that.

He was actually a very depressed person, or so I hear.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
He was actually a very depressed person, or so I hear.

Yeah, you can definitely see it in some of the beatles interviews and appearances.

also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmR0V6s3NKk

great animation of a late interview with him, the reason why things like youtube should exist
Actually, if youve watched any movies like hard days night, youd know he was actually an asshole that tried to use the message of peace to sell CD's.

All the good songs about peace were paul mccartneys anyways
Quote by yingyangthang
Actually, if youve watched any movies like hard days night, youd know he was actually an asshole that tried to use the message of peace to sell CD's.

All the good songs about peace were paul mccartneys anyways

This won't go well
I think if The Beatles hadn't broken up John wouldn't have been shot!
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
I know, it really is terrible

I'm a big Lennon fan myself, it's a shame that he died, I would have loved to meet him or something.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
I wouldn't go as far as to saying John was depressed. I would say more like disapointed with life. Everything he really wanted (peace, freedom, etc) was in his opinion, being denied from the people.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by Haggard13
I wouldn't go as far as to saying John was depressed. I would say more like disapointed with life. Everything he really wanted (peace, freedom, etc) was in his opinion, being denied from the people.

I'd have to agree with you, good point there.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
I think what's more interesting is John Lennon's supposedly disturbed sexuality... One guy just wrote a book about it, "John Lennon: The Life". He got facts from Yoko such as... once he had a bet with one of his buddies to see if he could fap 10 times in one day... he lost it at 9 and couldn't do anymore. Another crazy one: John proably would have had consensual sex with Paul if he knew he would have said yes... anyways just putting that out there... btw I'm a Beatles fan.
Quote by Bucketheadroolz

When asked how he would go out, Lennon said,

"I'll probably be popped off by some loony."