What is the sound like? What styles of music is it good for?

Is it a good pickup I should get?
Its $72

I'm going to put it in my peavey hp exp.

Thanks for the help Ugers.. you rock!!
Quote by forsaknazrael
It's alright.

It's generally a pickup geared towards hard rock, metal, alternative, punk, etc...

Why are you looking at it? Menaing, what's lacking about your tone?

What's your current amp/rig right now?

I do have a slight hum at higher volume levels.

so I'm looking to get a pickup, but the thing that sucks about pickups, is i can't try it in my guitar until i buy it!

I read about it and it seemed kind of like my style, but I didn't seem confident its the pickup I want.

So I came here for reassurance
What amp? What's your budget? What kind of music do you play?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas
What amp? What's your budget? What kind of music do you play?

Peavey XXX 412
Peavey head

I play everything, but I like a harder rock kind of sound.
I recommend DiMarzio...Super Distortion, PAF Joe, Steve's Special...

Are you putting it in the neck or bridge? Or are you replacing both?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
I recommend DiMarzio...Super Distortion, PAF Joe, Steve's Special...

Are you putting it in the neck or bridge? Or are you replacing both?

just bridge
I play metal/alt rock, and I am also replacing my Bridge with the SD Distortion at the bridge, and the neck with the invader pickup. I plan on using the invader for lead, and the distor for rhythm. I am doing an overhaul on my entire guitar, and I am switching out the pups. Think this would be a good setup, or anything you would suggest me change?

Also, sorry to thread hi-jack
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Quote by GuitarCrazyFrog
I play metal/alt rock, and I am also replacing my Bridge with the SD Distortion at the bridge, and the neck with the invader pickup. I plan on using the invader for lead, and the distor for rhythm. I am doing an overhaul on my entire guitar, and I am switching out the pups. Think this would be a good setup, or anything you would suggest me change?

Also, sorry to thread hi-jack

The Invader is already bassy enough in the bridge, I'm guessing that it'll sound like mud in the neck. I'd give the Full Shred a try, although it's the complete opposite of the Invader...

ILoveGuitar07, what guitar are you using?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
I do have a slight hum at higher volume levels.

so I'm looking to get a pickup, but the thing that sucks about pickups, is i can't try it in my guitar until i buy it!

I read about it and it seemed kind of like my style, but I didn't seem confident its the pickup I want.

So I came here for reassurance

Hum isn't really affected by the pickup itself, not as much as the guitar's wiring job or the amp.

You have a Peavey XXX head?

The Distortion would be alright, but I feel the SH-5 Custom is more versatile.