Well guys...i would like to ask some opinion...is an amp with internal digital effect better or an amp without internal digital effect but adding on distortion pedal nice?
Quote by LoveAboveAll
Well guys...i would like to ask some opinion...is an amp with internal digital effect better or an amp without internal digital effect but adding on distortion pedal nice?

In my experiences with multitudes of amplifiers, I've not really noticed a difference in quality of the simple effects like delay, reverb and tremolo. Of course, if you want real effects like auto-wah, most built-in amp effects to that like are usually pretty terrible. For practicing, I'd recommend something with the basics built in, but nothing outrageous. Most combo practice amps have what you need as a standard, anyway.

Do you need an amplifier for band practice or just personal practice? If personal, I'd highly recommend a Line 6 POD product. Tons of amp and effect emulation choices. Obviously, the only downside is that it's merely a preamp, so if you want to do any real band practice, you'll need a real amplifier.
Last edited by zyprox at Nov 24, 2008,
Well thnks for da opinion...i 'm seriously thinking of getting an amp with internal digital effect...just for personal practicing...another question to ask...is Marshall amp a better choice or Line 6 that u have mention?
You do your best...let God do the rest...

To challenge the hardest...to do the best...improving my guitar skill from time to time...mastered the technique to be the best among the best!
i think that if you want an amp with the effects then you should go with the line 6. i have the spider 3. think i spent like 200 bucks and it sounds really good for practicing. the effects are nice and if your a metalhead then you will love the insane channel. i have a marshal stack and have played a few others and they sound good but i just dont dig em that much.
Super Champ XD
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Could you use a line 6 pod with some sort of power amp?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Um Line 6 Spiders are okay at best imo. Look into getting a Vypyr 30W.
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic