I've being playing guitar for over 3 years now, and to this very day I don't know I single song from beginning to the end.

I have wrote 4 songs (Long and quite complex) I know theory well for a guitarist, and yet I don't know a single song.

It's just seems to be so hard to stay focused on one song, if some hard part kicks in I tend to find some other song to learn and abandon the previous song.

So here are my questions. Is this wrong ? Is it better to know at least one song to the end ?

And finaly, any suggestions/tips on how to stay focused on a song ? Or how to learn a song.

PS.
I will check thread in the morning. (+12GMT)
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
So?

All your saying is that your impatient, if there's not a reason to play a song through and through, why bother?

It all depends on what you want.
a little lost.....
Last edited by Davo Ownz at Nov 24, 2008,
i dont think theres anything wrong with it, i have the same problem, if you could call it that.
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Doesn't really matter, if you can play well and know what's going on, it's all good. Especially if you're writing your own material.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
i have something like that. but i do know a few songs, though.

i can't even seem to write a whole song either, i just seem more happy doodling and stuffing about on the guitar than committing myself to one thing for a week or so.
I'm sure that if you know your chords, you can play a lot of songs from beginning to end.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

at the momment i've only learnt 1 song in the past year (the new order - from testament), thats only because i enjoy creating my own music alot better than learning someone elses song

however, if i do learn a song i tend to do it in tandum with 2-3 other songs, going back and forth

i do think its a good idea to learn other bands songs, especially established bands as this gives you an idea of how quality music is constructed. its ok being an indie band playing music that 'you' find appealing, but i've found that i have alot more inspiration from thinking, 'i wonder if this will impress an audience?' or something to that effect.

it might be just me but thats my opinion
i dont reckon its tht big a deal

but i reckon imoa that the hrd bits that you abandon are the bits you shoudl really work at.
cause it might be a techniuqe you cant do etc
just try and get past the hard bit and then usually there shouldnt be much left to learn

well in most songs
It's not wrong, aslong as you know what to practice.
But... It's good to learn songs that have things that you're practicing/having troube with in them, like arpeggios ect.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Play what you like to play, as long as you are having fun you´re good.

But it is nice though when playing a song you can start with a blazin intro and play all the way through the end chord. why dont you try hysteria by muse that one has a guitarpart that is playable ánd goes all the way through the song of try califonication, easy but nice though.
Quote by SpellCaster
I've being playing guitar for over 3 years now, and to this very day I don't know I single song from beginning to the end.

I have wrote 4 songs (Long and quite complex) I know theory well for a guitarist, and yet I don't know a single song.

It's just seems to be so hard to stay focused on one song, if some hard part kicks in I tend to find some other song to learn and abandon the previous song.

So here are my questions. Is this wrong ? Is it better to know at least one song to the end ?

And finaly, any suggestions/tips on how to stay focused on a song ? Or how to learn a song.

PS.
I will check thread in the morning. (+12GMT)

yeah I'm the same. so does anyone know how to stay focused on a learning a song? I guess what beau05 said would be good to try learn 2-3 songs going back and forth.
Get a band, that will keep you focused learning a song all the way through.
To be honest I dont learn songs all the way through unless its specifically for preformance...
I have trouble learning songs too but just a couple of weeks ago I learned Shout at the Devil by Mötly Crüe, Breaking the Law by Judas Priest and Come as you are by Nirvana because it just felt right to finally know a full song even if the songs are totally unchallenging.
That might be a little bit of a problem. Just learn to focus.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.