bass 5
reverb 2

However, what I got instead on my Blues Jr is (based on listening):
Gain: 1/12
Treble: 9/12
Bass: 7.5/12
Mid: 12/12
Master: 12/12

Is it my ear, or does the guideline is just merely a guideline?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
depends on the song, as well as your gear
and also, as Mark G said, the tone comes from the fingers
so you can get his exact setup, and it will still not sound exactly the same
you can get close
really close, actually
but never his exact tone
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
even if you have the exact equipment as santana, you will sound different. this is due to the fact that everyone has different playing styles, and plays a piece their own way.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
well the guide would have it noted somewhere the gear that there using to get his sound, and thats why its different to what you've got, other then that, tone comes from the guitar, the fingers and the technique
I clearly remember three months ago when everyone dismissed fingers and say that tones are all in the amp and pickup. Oh well, thanks for answering.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
you have a different amp to santana, which is going to have a different EQ, different amount of gain, different voicing. Sometimes even if it's the same model of amplifier it can sound very different.

^and yeah, you do have a point there: "tone is in the fingers" seems to be the new GG&A bandwagon. It's kind of wrong: Tone is only slightly in the fingers, based on nuances like the size of your fingers, the angles at which you use them, whether you pick closer to the bridge or the neck, things like that, it's also in the pick - thickness and size. It's also in the resonance of your body while the guitar rests against you. But there's no need to be like Eric Johnson about this: for the most part, tone comes from the gear, and how you play comes from your fingers. Your playing style is not your tone
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
you have a different amp to santana, which is going to have a different EQ, different amount of gain, different voicing. Sometimes even if it's the same model of amplifier it can sound very different.

^and yeah, you do have a point there: "tone is in the fingers" seems to be the new GG&A bandwagon. It's kind of wrong: Tone is only slightly in the fingers, based on nuances like the size of your fingers, the angles at which you use them, whether you pick closer to the bridge or the neck, things like that, it's also in the pick - thickness and size. It's also in the resonance of your body while the guitar rests against you. But there's no need to be like Eric Johnson about this: for the most part, tone comes from the gear, and how you play comes from your fingers. Your playing style is not your tone

I'm going to slightly disagree here. While it's true that most of the tone comes from the gear, it comes from the fingers too.

Let's put it this way. The fingers kind of shape the tone, and everything else finishes the product.

I mean, if you have bad finger tone, whatever you play will sound not so great.

Otherwise though, I agree 100 percent.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It's because your not playing a PRS through a Dumble Overdrive Special, thats probably why.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'm going to slightly disagree here. While it's true that most of the tone comes from the gear, it comes from the fingers too.

Let's put it this way. The fingers kind of shape the tone, and everything else finishes the product.

I mean, if you have bad finger tone, whatever you play will sound not so great.

Otherwise though, I agree 100 percent.

that's kind of what i was trying to say. i think that fingers do make a difference to the tone, just to a very very small degree that wouldn't be that noticable if it wasn't for the fact that playing styles are also unique to each individual. but saying "tone is MOSTLY in the fingers" is far from correct.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
that's kind of what i was trying to say. i think that fingers do make a difference to the tone, just to a very very small degree that wouldn't be that noticable if it wasn't for the fact that playing styles are also unique to each individual. but saying "tone is MOSTLY in the fingers" is far from correct.

Saying tone is mostly in the fingers is a bit much.

The difference may be small from one player's playing style to another, but the difference is very much noticeable. That's why you can hear a certain guitar player from a mile away.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by ClementWave
It's because your not playing a PRS through a Dumble Overdrive Special, thats probably why.

This.

And plus, I really doubt that Carlos' settings are anything like the ones posted.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Saying tone is mostly in the fingers is a bit much.

The difference may be small from one player's playing style to another, but the difference is very much noticeable. That's why you can hear a certain guitar player from a mile away.

That isn't the tone though, it's the playing style
fender blues jr =/= insanely expensive boutique dumble amp (i dunno what specific brand it is )
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag