I'm trying to get that twang sound similar to the one heard in "Who's cheatin who" by Alan Jackson or Born Country by George Strait
I haven't heard those songs but I'm guessing it's going to be a Telecaster, blackface or some other breed of all-tube Fender amp and possibly a tubescreamer if there's a lot of grit on it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well i dont play country. But i have a friend who plays in a bar band and i beleive he gets that tone with a tele, and alot of compression. Sorry if i am wrong, but i do recall asking him once. And he did say alot of compression.
I have an ESP EC and I meant to specify that, I knew a lot of it has to do with the tele but I was wondering how I would go about achieving it with effects/eq. Thanks.
Fender Telecaster or most Gretsch models (very different sounds though - is it bright or quite hollowbodyish on your record?)
Keeley compressor
Any Fender tube amp, bonus points for a Blackface or Blackface reissue
Occasional TubeScreamer

As for effects or EQ, you want to dial in a fair bit of top end if you don't have a Tele. Compression should be high enough for increased sustain but not mushing up your sound. TubeScreamer should be on a pretty low gain setting.
Light gain, bridge pickup, heavy attack so it really twangs. Lots of treble, not much bass. As far as I know country guitarists don't tend to use effects very much.

WARNING: Everything I say about country is based on very limited experience with the genre, I accept no liability for this going completely wrong.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Tele/strat style guitar, Reverb or slapback delay, a little bit of tremelo ( Effect, not picking), and a clean fender amp.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK