After seeing a failed thread made about being in a recording studio, I decided to make one discussing any interesting experiences any people have had in a studio, be it a bedroom, garage, or whatever studio. So I'll get the ball rolling

My brothers band was doing drum tracks in Grouse Lodge in Co. Westmeath in Ireland. We had a great time, I got to play the same Grand Piano that Matt Bellamy from Muse was playing! He didn't actually record with it, but he played it They also have a private bar with the best Guinness ever

Also, since we spent the day there, we got to use the pool....well the rest of them did, I fell asleep on the couch in the mixing room while the engineer played the sound of my snoring over the intercom It was a really cool place though

That was actually lifted from the other thread I posted in, but I thought it'd be better in here. This is my first thread btw, I've used the search bar but found nothing related to this lol So fire away everyone
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
kewl.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Nothing too exciting really, i vomited after recording one perticularly screamy song which was picked up by the mic so we just left it in the final mix as a kinda time stamp for when that song was recorded.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
We were recording in my basement, and the drummer was eating right before his take was about start. Seeing that he had a mouthful of food the bassist promptly yelled "Take that thing out of your mouth and let's get started!"

Probably the finest "that's what she said" moment of my life.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I pretty much learned how to play guitar in recording studios at college ... not what i was supposed to be doing but a lot more useful to me now
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by stradivari310
We were recording in my basement, and the drummer was eating right before his take was about start. Seeing that he had a mouthful of food the bassist promptly yelled "Take that thing out of your mouth and let's get started!"

Probably the finest "that's what she said" moment of my life.

surely the finest "that's what he said" moment of your life
Quote by alkalineweeman
Nothing too exciting really, i vomited after recording one perticularly screamy song which was picked up by the mic so we just left it in the final mix as a kinda time stamp for when that song was recorded.

Lol, thats pretty cool, wouldn't mind hearing that. Reminds me of my first time in the studio, my brother was on drums, there's a bit in one of the songs we recorded where he caught his foot in the hi-hat stand. It was cool, he carried on with the song even though he cut open his foot because he was playing with no shoes on. You can hear it in the recording where he catches his foot because the hi-hat skips a beat lol Still sounds pretty good.
Quote by ravioli123

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
My old drummer brained our studio tech accidentally, thinking it was my guitarist.

We also had an intro sound clip of a girl getting hacked up by a chainsaw.

She came in and just screamed for like... 5 tracks.

It was ****ing horrifying.
------

Shwiggity.
I was trying to record a cover of Would with my bro on drums (me on bass), and I scream out "FUUUCK!! Right near the end of our best take, cause I bent my fingernail back. Everyone cussed me out for that, because it was, like, our 6th take.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I was recording a drum track for a friend and on the last bar, dropped the drumstick. I ended up playing one-handed for a good 30s.
the drummer I was in a band with at one point managed to short out a $5000 32 track mixing console by spilling bongwater on it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
The recording studio I use now has a hole in the celing after I did a bass toss a little too hard.

Hey, its the guy that inspired the thread

These are some great stories

Primus2112, you've reminded me of another funny tidbit, I think I posted this in another thread though. We recorded one track separate from our singer and let him layer on the vocals on his own, after which I layed down the clean guitar track. While the vocalist was in the booth we were outside trying to be reasonably quiet while listening to the singing, when the singer let out a low growl which was meant to go to higher roar, but turned into something more akin to Tina Turner Needless to say, the entire take was scrapped and hilarious nicknames were given out to certain embarrassed vocalists
Quote by ravioli123

I also fell asleep during mixing. I was watching Scrubs on a big screen. Loved it.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
My bedroom is a studio

Admittedly not very good.. Drums have to be programmed or recorded somewhere else due to lack of room space but it's pretty good for a quick cheap setup
Quote by Untitled001
My bedroom is a studio

Admittedly not very good.. Drums have to be programmed or recorded somewhere else due to lack of room space but it's pretty good for a quick cheap setup

Lol, I'm going to have to ask you to keep interesting stories limited to what happens in your bedroom while recording

Bedroom recording is always fun, especially when its a tiny room with an entire band + friends trying to fit in together. Although it can turn sour when someone spills on equipment, people start complaining about noise or when someone bangs on the wall next door while the vocalist is in the middle of a great take which makes you realize that recording in a townhouse late at night is a pretty bad idea so you go out and get pissed drunk have epic conversations about the cursed youth of today while walking home and sleeping in a sitting room and then getting woken up at 8am by 2 lads on pills who just returned after getting kicked out of a docker pub and freaking out because one of them saw a crane on the way home and he has a fear of abnormally large machinery and after they pass out on a couch while watching cartoons you decide to go out and get breakfast which consists of a Kinder Pingu and a cuppa tea, which y'know, happens on the reg...

Sorry, I tend to ramble...
Quote by ravioli123

We were doing vocals to a demo that never surfaced (for the better in the end) on a 4 track. Anyway we had a friend over and while our singer had kicked us all out of our HQ/shed to concentrate said friend flashed him through the small window and rubbed "it" up against the pane.

So on someones hard drive there exists a thats what she said track where it goes "la la laaa la la - OH CHRIST NOOOO!!"

was epic.

In a proper studio the only hilarious thing is wrestling to decide who goes to get the beer
We have a 32 track recorder in college, and a soundproofed recording space, ive recorded my album, and my music technology coursework there, so i guess im pretty knowledgable about how to record rock/metal