Hey guys what's up? I just got a b52 at 2-12. This is my first tube amp and I absolutly love it. She's such a beast. Anyways, the on board distortion is damn good but I want to make it a little better. I was thinking that an OD pedal such as a Maxon is what I am looking for. But im not even sure. I want more of a Lamb of God tone. I play things along those lines. Any help would be appreciated.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Hey guys what's up? I just got a b52 at 2-12. This is my first tube amp and I absolutly love it. She's such a beast. Anyways, the on board distortion is damn good but I want to make it a little better. I was thinking that an OD pedal such as a Maxon is what I am looking for. But im not even sure. I want more of a Lamb of God tone. I play things along those lines. Any help would be appreciated.

you should only use the OD as a boost. if you want a Mark Morton tone, get low gain pickups, and run them through a very high gain amp. for example, Mark uses a '59 set through a Mesa Mark III. that's how he gets that clarity and brootalness.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Totally OT but when I think of lamb of god guitarist, I think of Willie first. He's the man.

Ok well what pedal should I look at to get a better metal tone and not ruin my new T00biness?