did you ever have doubts about weather or not you could create your own music because i started out just wanting to play afew of my favourite bands songs now i wanna create my own how hard will this be?
it depends on a couple of things:

1. your style of music
2. your style of playing
3. your practice schedule
4. your dedication
5. your knowledge

but in the end, its only as hard as you make it.

COMEDY! PROGRESSIVE! PUNK!

Quote by darkrikku

MY SETUP
ESP Ltd. F-100FM
DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
John Pearse #2500 Strings
Crate GTX65
Behringer Ultrastack BG412H
Well, it all matters how much you know.
If you know a few scales that can make a lot of songs.
You just have to learn to phrase them.
What kind of music do you aim to make?
Shawn George Noel
Quote by HISOTRA
Well, it all matters how much you know.
If you know a few scales that can make a lot of songs.
You just have to learn to phrase them.
What kind of music do you aim to make?

hard rock, blues,acoustic stuff
I always wanted to make my own music, I find I do that more nowadays than learn other peoples songs, infact i don't know many of other peoples songs off by heart.

I find myself improvising a lot, making different chord progressions I like the sound of and just messing around with the ideas I have got so far from looking at some music theory.

I would strongly suggest making your own music, you can start off really simple at first and just improvise the hell out of whatever you come up with. Then take a step back and pick out parts you really like and smoosh it all together (trying to make it fit of course). It isn't that hard to do, unless you're writing a symphony of course. Just take it easy and write things that you like the sound of, and start to look at a bit of music theory it will help with the whole process but isn't strictly necessary.

Good luck
Quote by Helpy Helperton
I always wanted to make my own music, I find I do that more nowadays than learn other peoples songs, infact i don't know many of other peoples songs off by heart.

I find myself improvising a lot, making different chord progressions I like the sound of and just messing around with the ideas I have got so far from looking at some music theory.

I would strongly suggest making your own music, you can start off really simple at first and just improvise the hell out of whatever you come up with. Then take a step back and pick out parts you really like and smoosh it all together (trying to make it fit of course). It isn't that hard to do, unless you're writing a symphony of course. Just take it easy and write things that you like the sound of, and start to look at a bit of music theory it will help with the whole process but isn't strictly necessary.

Good luck

thank you! i have a small sheet of chords and will be practising putting them together thanks!
Yeah, when I started writing for a year or so all I wrote was like, song intros - just 20 sec. or so of music that would come to me when I was jamming, Just like, the one hook or riff as oppose to a song. But there's really nothing to writing at all. everyone makes it into this big thing, but it's so easy a monkey could do it. I just started with intros cos that's what I heard in my head. Just play what you hear in your head !