Does anyone know where i can buy an alnico 5 or neodymium magnet for a humbucker? im looking to replacing the magnet in my duncan custom.
thanks.
Unless you're planning on rewinding the entire pickup, i might just reccomment buying a new pickup altogether?

Or, if you're feeling squirrely, you could buy a POS GFS pickup and use that/those?

Some of their low-end ones go for pretty cheap from what I've heard, so you may be able to use them?

Stewmac also sells them.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by imboredletsrock
Does anyone know where i can buy an alnico 5 or neodymium magnet for a humbucker? im looking to replacing the magnet in my duncan custom.
thanks.
try e-mailing Seymour Duncan. they use an Alnico V magnet on their Custom Five, and that's almost what you'll have when you do this. (the Custom 5 has about 2% more windings than the Duncan Custom)

if they'll sell you a magnet for a reasonable price, it would be sure to fit perfectly.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by TheShred201
Not Sure about Alnico, but Neodymium Magnets are quite easy to find. Google=Friend

Not in the right size and grade.

Neodymium is tricky because you need 3 magnets that are 1/8" thick and a half inch squared that are magnetized in the correct direction. Because they need to be square you need a good gauss meter to be able to determine which end is north, which is south, and which ends are the sides. With rectangle magnets you can use a compass to figure that out. If you do have access to a gauss meter then I suggest getting neodymium from k and j magnetics. If you don't have a guass meter then I don't know of anybody that sells neodymium with marked polarity other than me. I'm sure there are others, I just don't know about them.

I also sell large rough cast alnico 5 magnets like Gibson used in the early 60's as well as the shorter smooth alnico 5 that is like what they used in the late 60's.

mojotone, allparts, stewmac, guitarjones, and guitarparts usa all sell alnico 5 magnets as well.
Not taking any online orders.
ive used gfs pups and had nice results. i might just trade it or sell it on ebay and put it towards a new pup.
im replacing it with a bill lawrence pup so i was just gonna use this pup as a rewind project.
its from an 83 jackson along with other duncan pups and im competely upgrading it soon.
thanks for the posts.