If someone is purposely trying to give another person HIV then yes... chip them.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
If someone is purposely trying to give another person HIV then yes... chip them.

I concur, chip the absolute **** out of them
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by bass-boy-garith
well done mr. kiss my bass, well done
John Manangsang, a Papua MP, said that by implanting computer chips beneath the skin of "sexually aggressive" patients authorities would be in a better position to identify, track and punish anyone who deliberately infected others. Those convicted could face up to six months in jail or a £3,340 fine.

6 months or £3340 is very lenient for something like that IMO.
The was a news story not too long ago about a women whe was purposely infecting people with HIV in the UK
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Yep, it should at the very least be considered attempted murder.

In most cases the person is pretty sure to die of it eventually so it should be murder in the first degree.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

6 months for that is 6 months for murder.
they should at least bring it to 7 years.
haven't read the article yet, so i cant comment on anything else
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

If they chip everyone so you know who has it it may make it easier to stop...

Quarantine them..

Let's pull a Hitler.

I'm serious.
maybe a tatoo/mark would be more effective. like "HIV+" across their genital area/ass
apparently "papau is the poorest province and also has the highest rate of HIV positive people"
now who in the hell is gonna be able to afford a fancy chip scanner if they live in the poorest part of a country, and even buy one just so they can get some poon?
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

brings a whole new meaning to the word "chippie", dontcha think?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Fuking excellent.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
That's kind of ridiculous. They're going to chip people who aggressively try to give people AIDS? That worrying number of folk purposefully trying to give people aids?

seems odd to me.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
That's kind of ridiculous. They're going to chip people who aggressively try to give people AIDS? That worrying number of folk purposefully trying to give people aids?

seems odd to me.

Why...?
Quote by Kensai
Why...?

They're going to put microchips (Alarm bells ringing already, we're putting micro chips in epople these days, are we?) into 'sexual aggressive' (What is that, rapists?) people who WANT to give others HIV. People who aim to transmit HIV.

They're not rapists, because then we'd be chipping rapists to make them easier to find...
It's people who are 'sexually aggressive' and aim to transmit HIV. Who are these people? How on earth do you single them out?

Add onto that the fact that HIV transmitted by sex is the least common way to get it.

THis doesn't strike anyone else as odd, and bizarrely authoritarian?
Quote by meh!
They're going to put microchips (Alarm bells ringing already, we're putting micro chips in epople these days, are we?) into 'sexual aggressive' (What is that, rapists?) people who WANT to give others HIV. People who aim to transmit HIV.

They're not rapists, because then we'd be chipping rapists to make them easier to find...
It's people who are 'sexually aggressive' and aim to transmit HIV. Who are these people?

Add onto that the fact that HIV transmitted by sex is the least common way to get it.

Are you against it purely because it's leaning towards an authoritarian state...?
Quote by Kensai
Are you against it purely because it's leaning towards an authoritarian state...?

Partly, yes.

It's just a ridiculous policy that's not going to combat the spread of AIDS at all, for the reasons I said. I mean, the idea that this TINY TINY minority of people will have any impact on the spread of aids. (that is, people who WANT to transmit aids... as opposed to the much bigger spreader that is... well... normal casual sex.... And even that is a big second to drug use.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

haha yeah, I was about to say the same thing

I think something such as that should carry a life sentence
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by meh!
Partly, yes.

It's just a ridiculous policy that's not going to combat the spread of AIDS at all, for the reasons I said.

You mean

It's people who are 'sexually aggressive' and aim to transmit HIV. Who are these people? How on earth do you single them out?

This? Because we don't know anything about the method they use for "singling them out" or who will be tracking them.
Quote by meh!

No don't worry I do find it odd, and authoritarian too. I can understand arguments on both side, AIDS and HIV are absolutely terrible problems, I understand that. I can't imagine though that there is a widespread case of intentional HIV spreading via sexual intercourse.

Tagging people also seems somewhat worrying, I hope it's very carefully done, it also seems difficult to legislate what someone is doing deliberately and what someone isn't. On the earlier post of genital tattoos: no that's too inhumane. I know I'm annoyingly liberal and that giving someone HIV intentionally is absolutely abhorrent, but tattooing just reeks of dictatorial governments.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Microchips that track people are worrying.
The category of people they are referring to... almost doesn't exist. It really makes almost no sense at all.
The number of people they're NOT doing this to suggest an alarmingly reactionary view about HIV.

Those are my reasons.
Hmmm just checking Wikipedia, only a quarter of the people in Papua are Catholic, so why not try to introduce lots of pro condom policies and mass sex education?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by meh!
Microchips that track people are worrying.
The category of people they are referring to... almost doesn't exist. It really makes almost no sense at all.
The number of people they're NOT doing this to suggest an alarmingly reactionary view about HIV.

Those are my reasons.

I'm sorry, are you the leading census maker of the Indonesian province of Papua?
Quote by Kensai
I'm sorry, are you the leading census maker of the Indonesian province of Papua?

No, and if I was I STILL couldn't find those people.
Quote by meh!
No, and if I was I STILL couldn't find those people.

That's why you're not the census maker of the Indonesian province of Papua