Next year I'm going off to college to get fancy learnin and I'm thinking about majoring in it. If anyone on here is doing so now could you tell me some stuff about it?
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
start learning programs like photoshop, flash, fireworks, and maybe even a 3d modeling program (blender is awesome and free, and a free version of photoshop is called gimp). make lots of sketches of ideas too, they like traditional drawings to show u have an art sense.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC

We have something in common.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Graphic design is fine art for people without a soul.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Im doing Graphic Design

Look through as many design books and magazines as you possibly can for inspiration, also do some photoshop tutorials, you'll learn far more interesting things than your lecturer is likely to teach you.

Learn Photoshop, illustrator, indesign, fireworks and strata - or thats the ones i use anyway.

Fine art is pish. Done it for 2 years.

You need to have a quality portfolio and once your in you can produce the biggest amout of ****e.
One guy in my year for an exhibition we had covered a piece of asparagus in charcoal and put it in a frame. Pish.
Last edited by Walkincorpse at Nov 24, 2008,
Quote by rabidguitarist
Graphic design is fine art for people without a soul.

haha, true.

TS where you looking to go. App State in NC has a really good fine arts program in which the majority are graphic design majors. Also I have seen the graphic design work that comes out of Savannah College of Art and Design, they do good work as well.
Quote by Walkincorpse
Fine art is pish. Done it for 2 years.

If you find fine art easy, then you're obviously not doing it right.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
TS where you looking to go. App State in NC has a really good fine arts program in which the majority are graphic design majors. Also I have seen the graphic design work that comes out of Savannah College of Art and Design, they do good work as well.

I'm thinking maybe Winthrop, I got accepted there and their art program is supposed to be really good.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.