I've had my stratocaster for around a year now, and the back of the neck is starting to wear down. It not longer glistens in the sun like a majestic golden bird of a thousand flames, and when I feel it, I can feel what seems to be a would grain. I've never owned a strat before, and I'm probably worrying about nothing.

Halp?
normal wear i think it makes it nicer to play it will also get a darker tinit over time and the laquer on the body will start the chip of don't worry it's normal
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
normal wear i think it makes it nicer to play it will also get a darker tinit over time and the laquer on the body will start the chip of don't worry it's normal

Alright, I'm glad I'm not leaking corrosive material out of my pores while I play. Would this happen on something finished in paint and a glossy coat (ESP's, Les Pauls etc...)
Well, a lil wear it normal. The finish on the nek will wear a lil bit but not to the point of feeling the grain...

Ive had mine a year, play it many many hours and the neck is still in great shape.