OK so me and my friends are in a band, and our bassist doesnt have an amp( I know your thinking why does he even he have bass if he cant play it), well he's a dumbass thats why.. but could he play on one of my amps (vox valvetronix 50w or line 6 spider III 75w).. I heard that guitar amps are not ment to have that low of a sound on them and it can ruin the speakers, is this true?? or would his bass work on one of them...also i have a 15w randalls ex series (really cheap) would his bass ruin that ???
It'll ruin the speakers.

Use the Line 6 Spider III.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
It will **** them up. Our drummer (who also plays guitar) has blown up our bassamp because she wanted to play her guitar on it. Very stupid, because I (the bassist) can't use the bassamp anymore. And that sucks, hard.
Never Never Never Ever Run Bass Through Guitar Amp Never Never Never Ever!
It wont blow up the speakers if you eq all the low end off the bass. But then it wont sound like a bass.

It will work if you don't mind using distortion on the bass, but otherwise don't do it. If you have a PA system for the singer, try plugging directly into that.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
A bass amp isnt usually to cheap. You gotta have more watts with a bass amp to keep up with a drummer. I have a 50 watt bass amp and by itself its not any louder than my 15 watt guitar amp. I can boost it with a EQ pedal in the FX loop. But a guitar thru a bass amp no issues a bass thru a guitar amp equals blown speakers pretty quick.
Quote by saberrocks
It will **** them up. Our drummer (who also plays guitar) has blown up our bassamp because she wanted to play her guitar on it. Very stupid, because I (the bassist) can't use the bassamp anymore. And that sucks, hard.

running a guitar through a bass amp wont do anything bad. the bass amp was probably ****ty. i run my les paul through a 500 watt trace elliot on a daily basis, nothign wrong with it.
but yes, running a bass through a guitar amp will **** up the speakers. badly. do what fischmunga (how the hell did you come up with that name?) suggested.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by Tackleberry
A bass amp isnt usually to cheap. You gotta have more watts with a bass amp to keep up with a drummer. I have a 50 watt bass amp and by itself its not any louder than my 15 watt guitar amp. I can boost it with a EQ pedal in the FX loop. But a guitar thru a bass amp no issues a bass thru a guitar amp equals blown speakers pretty quick.

dang we have like no money ...
NEVER DO IT!!!! guitars can work with bass amps if you ever need to resort to doing that, but basses destroy guitar amps. well, i dont know if they destroy the actual amp i think it might just be the speaker.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Then you have a pretty serious problem. No money means no amp for the bass. If you buy something cheap it will be under powered or unreliable.
Some people really need to stop regurgitating :p

"noes! don't do it! it will destroy the amp!!!"

It'll blow the speaker if you push it too hard... and if you're jamming you're going to be pushing it pretty hard.

Get your bassist to buy a bass amp. It's easily worth it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3

It'll blow the speaker if you push it too hard... and if you're jamming you're going to be pushing it pretty hard.

+1, I've run a bass guitar through the line in/CD in on my Marshall MG at low volumes with no ill effects, but for jams with drums I wouldn't recommend it at all.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Yngwi3
Some people really need to stop regurgitating :p

"noes! don't do it! it will destroy the amp!!!"

Get your bassist to buy a bass amp. It's easily worth it.

we are all shi*t poor
Quote by kumamilesbear
running a guitar through a bass amp wont do anything bad. the bass amp was probably ****ty. i run my les paul through a 500 watt trace elliot on a daily basis, nothign wrong with it.
but yes, running a bass through a guitar amp will **** up the speakers. badly. do what fischmunga (how the hell did you come up with that name?) suggested.

Wtf.... how low is that thing.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by M.P.A.Guitarist
we are all shi*t poor

Get some money then. It's not like a monumentual task.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Get some money then. It's not like a monumentual task.

no one will hire a 15yr old where i live (b/c i cant drive)...i could steal it...ill just tell him to see if his parents will get it for christmas