My low E string has always has fret buzz, and I can hear it no matter where on the neck i am playing. I don't know much about adjusting the height of a bridge, so can somebody walk me through it?
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
There are plenty of instructional videos on how to do an adjustment on You Tube. You can also try looking through the Ultimate-Guitar lessons. But honestly if you aren't sure of what you're doing, I would just take it to a guitar tech so you don't risk messing it up even more.
is that something that i can do on my own, or should i bring it to a pro?
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
There are plenty of instructional videos on how to do an adjustment on You Tube. You can also try looking through the Ultimate-Guitar lessons. But honestly if you aren't sure of what you're doing, I would just take it to a guitar tech so you don't risk messing it up even more.

This girl always gives the best advice. Listen to her.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
This girl always gives the best advice. Listen to her.

Paging IPlaySchecter....
Hello IPlaySchecter, please remove your nose from her ass

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
can the babies please take it to pm.

TS, does the buzz transmit thru the amp?

if not then it's generally not considered a problem.

if it is, then click the set up thread in my sig and check out the first post.

post back with questions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What kind of guitar/bridge do you have dude?

Actually, looking at your sig, I'll assume your ar on about your lovely gibby.

1) Get your self some feeler gauges from an auto spares shop or something ( a couple of quid/dollars)or a ruler markedf in /64"
2) combine smaller gauges to make two different gauges, one at 3/64" and one at 5/64"
3) at the 12th fret, and using the feeler gauges you have just made (you can use a ruler - I find this way easier) measure the distance betwwen the top of the 12th fret and the 6th and 1st strings. For a gibby LP, the recommended action at 12th is 5/64" on the 6th and 3/64" on the 1st
4) If you need to adjust the bridge, loosen the strings off and use the thumbwheels at the bottom of the bridge to adjust the height

If you are still getting buzz with the 6th string at 5/64" then you need to take it for a full setup/neck relief needs to be adjusted or you may have the nut cut too low. Something that you would also be able to confirm if you have some feeler gauges....

I always set action on a LP this way (the way Gibson say it should be done) and then dial it in to my taste. EDIT - This is for a medium action setting - increase both heights by 1/64 for high action, decrease by 1/64 for low.

Hope that helps. There is a gibson " how to set up your les paul" guide - I ll see if I can find it.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Last edited by cuthbertg at Nov 24, 2008,
Just because I use Kramer guitars makes me an EVH wannabe? Does that mean if I play Fender Strats I wanna be like Hendrix? Please, take a joke and calm down.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst